ADAT IO and Analogue IO in XTC fails

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

crae

Post by crae »

HI All,

I have 2 Luna II cards and a Pulsar 2 card with 24 IO ADAT. I can get the IO working for the ADAT card but as soon as I try to get the analogue IO from one of the Luna cards routed as well then Cubase fails to allow ASIO2 driver to load.

Any ideas?
Chris Martin Rae
djaba

Post by djaba »

did you check out your xtc I/Os in cubase´s vst multitrack menue? you got to mark all I/Os of the devices in your environment. good look.
crae

Post by crae »

HI,
Thanks for the reply - but I don't even get that far - it loads the ASIO Multimedia driver ok which is no good to me! When I try to get the ASIO2 driver to load it tells me that my DSP load has exceded maximum and refuses to load the driver - reverting to Multimedia!
It's a pain cos I am not getting acess to a total 4 in and 4 out and spdif from my 2 Luna Cards!
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

Hi,
Have you altered your XTCproject.pro at all? There are a lot of poeple around the forum talking about how they've 'pimped out' their XTC project, but in my experience, XTC is not as stable if you alter it from the back end. You MUST also make sure that your Scope cards aren't sharing IRQ's with other types of cards or devices. It's fine for two Scope cards to be sharing IRQ's (most of the time) but if one card is sharing with something like USB or Graphics, it may work fine in SFP mode but XTC is not nearly as forgiving.
Hope that helps,

Cheers,

AudioDan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AudioDan on 2006-09-12 17:17 ]</font>
crae

Post by crae »

Thanks for the advice...
I am prety sure that the project that XTC is using is XTC.pro not XTCproject.pro - is that not correct?
Also - can you help me (as a novice) find out if I am sharimg IRQ's and how to correct it if I am?

Cheers....
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

Thanks for confirming that Stardust, I was starting to doubt myself there....
OK to confirm IRQ status, go to:
Control Panel - System - Hardware [Tab] - Device Manager [Button]

In Device Manager go to the View menu and choose "Resources By Connection". Then expand the option that says "Interrupt request (IRQ)" That gives you a list of all PCI and ISA devices in the system and what IRQ they're on.

Do that much then if you're still stuck let us know. (Changing the position of cards in the PCI slots will change what IRQ they are using. Generally one of the middle two slots will share with the USB and or Firewire Bus, the outside two slots will share and IRQ with each other and one of the others may sometimes share with the graphics card.....that is the worst one...)

Goodluck,

AudioDan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AudioDan on 2006-09-15 07:04 ]</font>
crae

Post by crae »

Thanks guys - I am now back up and running!
Basicaly I started from scratch and made sure I left XTC.pro alone and only edited XTCProject.pro.

Thanks again for all the good work - keep it up.

Crae