Installation problems Scope 4

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Hallo everybody,

i bought a used pulsar 1 and downloaded scope 4 from creamware.
Installating works fine (entering keys etc.) so far BUT after finishing with it,there is no scope4.exe or any .exe which i can start scope or xtc.
I checked the unpacked zip and found sfp.exe which is starting but always asking for the keys (i typed them in a dozen time).
I realy got problems with this stuff and of course,i emailed creamware but got no replay till today.
I hope someone can help me.

I am using windows xp,sp2,new aspi installed.
Mainboard a8ne,nforce4,amd64 3500+

Nighshift
hubird

Post by hubird »

you did find /Scope4/App/Bin/Scope Platform ?
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Yes thats the one i was talking about.
If i want to load an example,it always asking me for the reg-key.
I also don't find thje xtc-mode?

How can i use creamware stuff in my sequnecer?Do i always have to start scope?
I thought,i don't have to because of use of xtc-mode???
hubird

Post by hubird »

Your card is a DSP card, It's realtime processing.
The Project's modules have to get loaded on the DSPs, the Sharcs.
So always open SFP before sequencing (and always close the sequencer first before leaving SFP, to avoid 'ASIO (module) missing' crashes.

The good part is, DSP sounds much better than native processing, according to a lot of members here.

XTC is tricky to get working, but it should work.
Check this forum, there's a lot of information on it, and probably you will need it.
XTC mode is to be activated in the SFP settings page of your current project, if I'm right (I'm on mac).

Can't help you with the key reg problem.
A re-install can do wonders, take care for removing old files.

Remember, XTC isn't even implemented for mac, and Creamware seems to have left the idea (and support) completely.
You're on your own, so to say, but there's Planetz... :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2006-08-14 07:22 ]</font>
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Thanks,i will try.
There is a lot of interesting stuff for those cards and now even a pultec-clone :smile:
I hope i will get it to work.
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Uh i think this is a little to tricky for me.
I am trying to get an project with scope starting,i choose an example like multimedia-recording and after clicking that,popup open and again,he wants a reg-key (reveolver?)
I only want to try and test this stuff and how it sounds but this is so far away from comfortable plugins which you load direct into your sequencer and work with it...i cant believe it.
I realise,thats routing with scope is nice but all other stuff?
Next thing,i want to read the manual...there is no manual with scope 4 installtation but theres acrobatreader in the zip????

Is this the right manual??:
ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/Scope_f ... anuals.zip

Its the only one,i found.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nighshift on 2006-08-14 10:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nighshift on 2006-08-14 10:49 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

I guess so :smile:

Scope is a complete studio environment, it's the heart of your audio computer.
Only a sequencer isn't included, but that's normal as DSP isn't suited for that.

If you're looking for 'just a few (VST(i)) plugins to add' this is not the right choice for you.

Yet I garantee you that once you had a glimp of the power and sound quality of this card (an equalworthy ProTools), you never go back :smile:

There shouldn't be install problems tho, Scope is extremely stable and easy to handle.
It's totally setup in analogy of a realworld studio, tools, cables, etc., it's plug and play in your project.

XTC needs attention, but you could wait with that and first try to run the parallell methode.
You get a lot more then, besides you have to get used to organizing your own projects etc.

happy choice making :smile:
hubird

Post by hubird »

also check this:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &forum=1&8
specially the 'path' post :smile:
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Thanks,i got the scope working but still got problems:

- Asio scope doesn't load in cubase sx 3 (asio4all/onboardsound does)
- xtc mode doesn't work (can't load any plugin into cubase and they are not listet in cubase)

I read the manual but it seems,its more than 4 years old (example,cubase vst 5) and it didn't helped me.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Don't have SX3, but did you try the ASIO2 modules?

With XTC I can't help you, I only can say there's a lot of information about it on Planetz, you have to do a search (XTC forum, Tipps&Tricks).

Hope you get it sorted out :smile:

Anyone else has the golden tip here?
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

ok,now i have downloaded and installed scope 3.1 from creamware and well,installing looks much better than 4.0
Now i get asio working and not have any problems with all the reg-keys.Also all exe where installed which wasn't in scope 4.0

I will try tomorrow,maybe i get some steps forward *g*
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Ok,i have enough.
I spend more than 9 days in this,got no reply from support (they answer if you want to buy something!Support?NO WAY!) and it is so frustrating.I can't belive it.
Thanks for your time and helping anyway.
I will sell this card and never buy anything from creamware.
hubird

Post by hubird »

that's a pity Nightshift ;-(
I can imagine your frustration.
good luck with selling the card :smile:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Nighshift, if you're in Berlin, why not give them a call on the phone?

Nothing comes even close to Scope - despite your frustrating experience with their Support. Don't sell it to annoy them, cos you aren't. You have no idea what opportunity and piece of technology you're missing by selling the card eh.

Anyways, good luck on your path...

at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hi Nighshift,

please tell me exactely, to which adress here at CreamWare you wrote your emails.
All my mailboxes were empty last friday.

The users knows, that we are quiet busy sometimes, but we always answer ( like can read often in this forum ).

cheers
ralf

On 2006-08-19 02:45, Nighshift wrote:
Ok,i have enough.
I spend more than 9 days in this,got no reply from support (they answer if you want to buy something!Support?NO WAY!) and it is so frustrating.I can't belive it.
Thanks for your time and helping anyway.
I will sell this card and never buy anything from creamware.
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Hi Ralf,

i wrote to support@creamware.de and the last one on friday to rb@creamware.de (yours,right?)
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hi Nighshift,

yes, normally you can reach me at both adresses. But sorry, i didn't got your mail.

So please send me your email again as private message here on PlanetZ. I will check out my account here on PlanetZ tomorrow.

cheers
ralf
On 2006-08-21 11:32, Nighshift wrote:
Hi Ralf,

i wrote to support@creamware.de and the last one on friday to rb@creamware.de (yours,right?)

dawman

Post by dawman »

Give Us The Body Of Ralf,...................
Nighshift

Post by Nighshift »

Ralf,i am sorry but i don't want to.I sent more then 4 mails and none of them arrived?
Anyway,i am going to sell my card.
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Hi,

that is very unfortunate, but if it is your desire . . . .
Day by day i get lots of emails ( sometimes 100-150 ).
A lot of work and i try to answer as soon as possible.
What i'am trying to say is, that it is not normal, that all your requests did not arrived, but for any reason this will happen sometimes.
It would have been a way to settle this here by private message ( i think the emails went into a "black hole " at the providers end ).
If you did not sell the board yet, so please send me a message to my account here, and we'll find a solution.

cheers
ralf

On 2006-08-24 13:51, Nighshift wrote:
Ralf,i am sorry but i don't want to.I sent more then 4 mails and none of them arrived?
Anyway,i am going to sell my card.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ralf on 2006-08-25 18:57 ]</font>