Bluescreen setting up xtc project.pro

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

Hi all,
trying 2 setup a xtc project for my needs, but when i want to add more asio dest channels i get a bluescreen. Anyone have encountered this problem before?
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

nobody with an answer here? :sad:
i see all these xtc project screenshots with multiple asio channel but i cant add any asio destination channels without getting a bluescreen.
also i cant hear my wave source.
please oh please is there anyone who might have a answer?
cheers in advance!
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

Hi,
You might want to try using the "I/O Enabler" to activate the number of "Wave Driver" channels that you want in ASIO so that Windows allows for that number as it boots. I know it shouldn't really have anything to do with it, but it's worth a try. Also, make sure that if you're using a Hyper-Threading CPU, turn off the HT. XTC mode ESPECIALLY does not like multi-processor anything....at least with HT you can switch it off. If all of the above fails, try moving your Creamware card to a different PCI slot and make sure that it's not sharing any (critical) IRQ's.
And I'm spent....Goodluck.

Cheers,

AudioDan
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

Hi Dan,

thnx for the reply but none of it seems to work. I normaly work in sfp so the mobo configuration is allready done...no HT, no shared irq,s etc. I tried that i/o enabler but with no effect also. I think the problem lies way deeper, maybe the only option left i have is a whole new install of my pc :sad: Sfp is running rocksollid with no problem at all but xtc is something totaly different as it seems.
Thanks for your help, will post here if i find the problem(if someone else have suggestions please post :wink: )

Cheers DSP ADD!CT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DSP ADD!CT on 2006-08-04 01:34 ]</font>
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

Sorry it didn't help...what MB and CPU are you using? Is the Scope card the only card in the system and - if not - have you tried taking all other cards out and trying to edit the ASIO config with just the Scope card installed / in different slots?
Have you tried copying the original XTCproject.pro off the installation disk and defaulting back to that then editing the session from there?
(Sorry if I'm insulting your intelligence here....)
The thing that I find with XTC is, although it's the mode I would like my (ever dwindling number of) Scope cards to run in, it is much less stable than SFP. One thing you'll find is that if your MB or CPU have 64bit support, XTC won't work properly. I tride my cards on a fresh installation of XP Pro with an AMD64 (obviously running in 32bit mode) and XTC didn't work AT ALL!! SFP worked, however. I haven't had the chance to try my cards on an Intel CPU that has 64bit support yet...

Cheers,

AudioDan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AudioDan on 2006-08-04 22:14 ]</font>
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

Hi Dan,

I'm on a older P4 3.00 and a ASUS P4P800 SE, theres only scope cards in the pc and they all have their own irq...none shared.
I tried all the things you mentioned above and nothing seems to do the trick.
Think im gonna give up on xtc mode for now altho it wouldve been my prefered way to use creamware.
Thnx for your suggestions and help!

Cheers
DSP ADD!CT