Second DAW w/ XTC?

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

I will have an extra Scope Project card available for a 2nd DAW. I decided on EnergyXT as my host, for it's modular design. I will use 1st Scope DAW 4 synths and Gigastudio 3. I want to use the STM2448 and Scope FX only. Will I need to sacrifice any ULLI settings to use this card w/ VST host, and a quality VSTi?
garyb

Post by garyb »

no. i would use the card in scope mode personally, though.
dawman

Post by dawman »

So I can use it the same way that I use the other cards? I wish to use DAW #2 as a VSTi host w/ sequencing capabilities. Modular/Flexor/Solaris will have a private residence this way, with another running the VST stuff. As I believe that VST programmers are going to be using extra horsepower of dual core CPU's to run better algo.'s, and load balance capabilities. I wish to be prepared.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2006-06-15 10:52 ]</font>
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

I would use the card in XTC mode personally...

Especially with the Audiosoft XTC front mixer available now.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:
now it's personal...
hubird

Post by hubird »

:lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2006-06-17 08:17 ]</font>
dawman

Post by dawman »

Please explain more 2 me senior Stardust.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Youbetcha,
I am 50 years old last May, r u telling me that someone here is older than me? This is great news, I've always felt like a dinosaur amongst members here. Especially when everyone says Ober what? Heim?
Can I run my VST DAW w/o a sound card, and still build another Scope 3 x 15 DSP card DAW? I would love 2 have a 1U Yonah DAW just 4 VST/VSTi's. Keeping Scope seperate is an added benefit as I know that if it's built by GaryB, that dog will hunt.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thank You Brotha'Man Stardust,
I still have much researching to do. But I DO KNOW THE SCOPE DAW will rock. Whether or not I use a Hammerfall HDSP 96/32 is still being tossed around, but Brotha'Man Darkrezin brought to my attention about a possible VST host crashing, causing re boot. But a 96/32 would handle all VST stuff and if it crashes, Scope would not need to re boot. Since I have had 2 Scope/GSIF DAW's and neither of them ever crashed once, I feel that the need 4 extra security during a gig is justified, as a Roland MC-500MkII would also be running in the background as a redundant spare. I would lose it if I ever had a crash w/o minimal protection, and if a 600 USD soundcard will prevent that, then it shall be so.

So It Shall Be Written, So It Shall Be Done, ( Yule Brenner in Exodus )
dawman

Post by dawman »

Excellant Quote,
I feel as though we should all leave quotes with each post, like at0m, Neil B.,etc.etc.etc. I always like the corny military qoutes and quotes from ego maniac roles in movies and such. How about my quote from Leonidas in the " Fall Of Scope Vision" that I had. It is sick, I know but SFP has changed my outlook on everything I do. I'm a patsy, it's GaryB's fault 4 getting me hooked on this addicting shit.

I Shall Return,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2006-06-18 13:44 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

hehehe...
dawman

Post by dawman »

My 84 year old WWII veteran father, see's this movie as a reality. He qoutes Charlton Heston quite often. Just look at China, India, and Latin America. We are to hit 300,000,000 population level this fall in the states. It was only 220,000,000 13 years ago.
I just hope I can pick the humans I want to eat, as there are several female candidates here in Las Vegas alone.

Don't Be Fruitful And Multiply,