Stability in Nuendo with XTC.

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

I doubt that I would use this in a live scenario, but any comments are appreciated. If there are no responses, I will assume the question answers itself.
jea

Post by jea »

Hi,

if you are concerned about latency, you could route it direct out.

It is stable here.

JEA
eh, you're right, :-) I am a luna(t)ech!
jea

Post by jea »

if you were thinking about a solution for live playing, this is very interesting:

http://www.brainspawn.com/

http://www.brainspawn.com/products/forte

it might cover many aspects of live control of both xtc and vst/vsti.
eh, you're right, :-) I am a luna(t)ech!
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

Just make sure you're not using a dual processor, Dual Core or HyperThreading system because the thing WILL be unstable! I had about six months of heart-ache trying to solve a problem with my 2 x LunaII's and my 14DSP Booster, only to find out at the end, that SFP and especially XTC is NOT a multi-thread supporting program. XTC especially is mighty unstable when you start to load up the DSP's on the card.
If you want more info on the problem (trail and error and fianlly some grudging information from Creamware) look up some of the posts under my name, "AudioDan" Sorry, I can't remember which ones they were, 'cause I gave up on XTC a long time ago. One thing is for sure, they're long-winded - as I usually am :sad: - so it'll take a bit of reading if you're keen.
Good luck,

AudioDan
dawman

Post by dawman »

Audio Dan, and Fellow Pulsarians, thank you for your replies. Brainspawn is what I want to use for live gigs for the MIDI control is extreme. I'm just thinking for the future right now about how I might load balance threads to XTC w/ the new audio friendly CPU by Intel due out in Fall '06. Hell we can't get dual core, multi threaded apps stable yet, not to mention multi threaded 64 bit apps. I just wish I could use Giga/ Scope w/ a good live MIDI app w/o having to convert Scope to XTC mode.
tripstation

Post by tripstation »

I am using the /onecpu switch in the boot.ini which tells xp to only use 1 cpu.
I am working in XTC mode at the moment with an Asus PC-DL Dual Xeon machine.
It seems to be stable so far.
You can always do this and then bounce all the tracks down and mix it later.
James