Scope 4 XTC Installation Paths with Cubase SX3?

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

korgi

Post by korgi »

I've finally got my PC stable, Scope great, SX3 fine, but after install I can't access many XTC effects and instruments.

I think I'm enetering the wrong two pathways at install of Scope 4.

What are these supposed to be? (They're not well labelled or differentiated).

I've tried many permutations of c:cubasevstplugins...xtc etc etc but can at best get only a few xtc devices going.

What are the two pathways supposed to be?

I'd really appreciate someone's help on this
garyb

Post by garyb »

afair, you need to go to devices/plugin information and choose the vst tab. then you have to enable each plugin manually. cubase automatically disables them as non-working everytime you boot up in scope mode. :smile:
AudioDan

Post by AudioDan »

...and if the missing plugins are not in the "Plugin Information" window in Cubase then they haven't installed properly during the SFP installation.
In that case you need to install the .oxe versions of the plugins which should be in the "Optional Plugins" folder on the SFP disc. The .oxe file places the appropriate files into the destination folders you set during the SFP installation.
Hope that helps....

Cheers,

AudioDan

p.s. the pathways you set are fine

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AudioDan on 2005-09-22 04:13 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

It's been ages since I've used/installed XTC mode - wasn't there something with the default c:vst-plugins? Like one had to re-enter it manually to properly
confirm the folder for SFP XTC stuff? How about the second folder space that's provided?

Anyways, if you're into XTC mode there may be some reading to do. Ganool's post on that topic (don't know the url, it's linked to from many topics) for one is
most helpfull.

Good luck!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
BB54

Post by BB54 »

The name of the folder AtOm thinks about is
C:xSourceXTCDelay

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB54 on 2005-09-22 08:24 ]</font>
BB54

Post by BB54 »

double

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB54 on 2005-09-22 08:22 ]</font>
mirphak

Post by mirphak »

hi, i´m spanish, sorry my english.i´ve a big problem whith the scopehome, i work with cubase sx3, when i lunch the cubase i see a mesage "you canot use the xtc plugins", also when i rec a midi track when i play this track, the notes dont be quanticed. i use also the logic audio and also i have problems. i think my problem is in the routing window, i dont know how to configure it. i hope somebody help me to configurate the routing window. my mail is rivase@hotmail.com thank you.
mirphak

Post by mirphak »

KOTGI, a did the same like you, i changed de RAPI.DLL for RAPI.OLD, but the archive not runnig, is a nule archive.can you send me your setting scope home?and the setting of the routing window? open your settings and make a photo to the screen and send me a mail. rivasel@terra.es
thank you.
Marc de Ruiter

Post by Marc de Ruiter »

Is Masterverb pro a XTC device?
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Marc,

Yes, use the stereo fx dll rename trick and verify that the Masterverb pro dev have also been copied under the c:sfpDevicesXTCeffectsstereoReverb
Michel
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Stardust,

What do you mean that it's the only one?
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Stardust,

Normally, plugin unloadable means that cubase had a problem when it initially loaded the plugin (1rst time). See it as a quarantine.

If you check the update list button, it should force a new rescan of all the plugs

Sometime, when a lot of plugins are installed (which is the case when you upgrade Scope and you have huge devices), some plugin fails to load in the process and they "disapear" from th plugins in cubase.

So my guess is that you press update list (button in the plugin information window), then you check if all plugins succeed. If not (or there is no rescan of the devices) you can make a "touch" on the dll in order to force the update.

Let me know

Cheers
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Stardust

Glad it helped you

Cheers
andrew

Post by andrew »

On 2005-09-21 18:37, garyb wrote:
afair, you need to go to devices/plugin information and choose the vst tab. then you have to enable each plugin manually. cubase automatically disables them as non-working everytime you boot up in scope mode. :smile:
damn it.. i was hoping when u said boot up u meant starting pc with scope set to start immediately in your start up tab of msconfig, not when u start up cubase. now i've gotta tick all dem boxes again

does anyone know how to stop cubase from doing this ? I'd like to swap between xtc and scope mode quite freely...

Andrew
garyb

Post by garyb »

cubase annoyance....
andrew

Post by andrew »

actually correction - cubase seems to deselect all of the xtc plugins everytime i turn it on, no matter whether i've been back into scope mode or not