Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

BB54

Post by BB54 »

Any progress Bifop? (*Bump*)
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Unnfortunately BB, it doesn't work ;-(

We're left with the working device list I've established (in one of the above post)...
We need somebody with a SDK to program us a front XTC mixer that would work in this mode.
Or maybe (totally dreaming mode on) Creamware could do something....??
garyb

Post by garyb »

the whole point of xtc mode is getting rid of the cwa mixer....

if you need a mixer, why not just use scope mode?
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Hi Gary, the whole point of xtc is having the plugs available from within the sequencer/host, making the whole shebang much more convenient to recall later.

Now, it's no secret that it's very unconvenient when tracking (the latency is doubled in the host) so monitoring throught vst or xtc plugs while tracking is a no go. So we're left with direct monitoring as only option. If you want to add some kind of reverb, compression or eq for monitoring, you have no other choice than using SFP, which is alright when you start a project, but when it happens halfway, you're losing all the plugs used in this project...

With the XTCproject.pro tricks explained in this thread, we are able to use at least a reverb and/or a comp for tracking WHILE using XTC mode.
Having at least a very meagre mixer (in the line of the micromixer) with an fxsend and inserts, would give us best of both world !

Technically, something prevents using the creamware plugs in this config, but some freebies do work well. It is clear it wouldn't be a major overhaul to get something in the line of what I just explained, XTC + front (even basic) mixer.

Have a nice day.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:grin:

i see what you want and understand. it'd be nice i guess...you're spending a lot of time that you could've already made a hit song in, though... :wink:

don't worry, i'm not against you...
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Not that much time actually...
And man, I need some geeky times in beetween projects !! :wink:

A hit ? Nah, I'm not after that.

A simple Oscar would suffice for me.. :grin:
BB54

Post by BB54 »

Actually, the real deal would be the possibility to have SFP and XTC running at the same time.

Then you could track with all kinds of effects without latency and and still use XTC effects in your recording program.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Although, I haven't worked anymore on that, I've just discovered that MD4/8/16 (& Stereo and Mono)modules work in the XTCproject.pro. It allows you to load modules of your choice in your signal chain.
If you need more than one slot per line of signal, connect the output of line one to input of line 2etc...
Now, if I could load a stereo device that'd be even greater.
We're getting closer.

Dear Santa Creamware, could you bring me an update with full front XTC mixer ?
I promise I'll stop posting workarounds then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bifop on 2005-12-13 03:34 ]</font>
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Actually,if you could bring this plus a way to tie the mixer to the direct monitoring and control room features of Nuendo 3, you'd be my heroes !
Best of both worlds it'd be. Protools +++++ X 10 ²...
Ok I stop before I get lynched by the Sfpers. :wink:
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Last update :
sfmix2 works in xtc mode as well.
It's a tiny mixer, wich comes in handy to mute and level the direct monitoring.
Preceeded by a md4 (but inserted After the send to asio) I can insert any plugin included VINCO on the monitored signal.

So finally, given you have the proper host, the Creamware plugins are totally functional under XTCproject.pro. :grin:
BB54

Post by BB54 »

Great to hear that Bifop. If you have the time, send me some screenshots, I can post them here for everyone to see.

Have been a bit busy with upgrading the system and other stuff so it took some time for me to see this post.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

what ever happened with the screenshots????
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Just wondering if there are any new discoveries in the last several months. This is one of the most interesting threads I've read on this site and it deserves a *bump*.

Alright, I actually have something to add. Since I got my BCF2000 working in Mackie emulation mode, I've gone back to my XTC project to see if I can get it working even better. My current project has the first 20 ASIO sources routed to multiple switch its connected with the mix 2s and into my ADAT dest for monitoring and back into one of the ASIO dest for recording the mix into Live. But, I started thinking.. why do I need all of those ASIO sources? I can route the Ext. Out of multiple Live tracks to the *same* ASIO source and it sounds identical. Will I lose quality by not routing every track separately? This would really make my project a lot simpler. Then I just need a handful of ins/outs for bouncing tracks to create submixes and I'm all set. Does this make sense?

Peace /
Chisel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chisel on 2006-04-18 22:05 ]</font>
andredai

Post by andredai »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: andredai on 2006-04-21 07:00 ]</font>
BB54

Post by BB54 »

I have a dual core intel in my PC now and have reverted to using the scope mixer - only for monitoring when tracking. Pretty much an overkill for that task, I only use Masterverb pro most of the time. It's such a waste to have all the nice creamware plugs and not be able to use them in a more efficient way than running two mixers in each project. I truly do not understand why Creamware don't do anything to keep up with the evolution and modernize the functionality of XTC and Scope. Set the power of the Creamware plugs free! Why lock it inside theese two partly disfunctional modes? Other vendors like EMU for instance can write applications that manage plugin that work when tracking and mixing in the DAW sequencer. Creamware gear is supposed to be good, right? Do your homework or starve to death slowly!
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

someone did it!!!!!! a FREE xtc mixer! that actually works!! now we can track with comp/eq wothout latency!!! http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=10&91
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

On 2006-05-20 08:05, the19thbear wrote:
someone did it!!!!!! a FREE xtc mixer! that actually works!! now we can track with comp/eq wothout latency!!! http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=10&91
hi,

and now,you can download insert4xtc...it's free !

ev
BB54

Post by BB54 »

Great News, thanks for theese devices! Now for some serious testing!