i'm crying

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

my apartment went up in flames and i won't be making music for the next 3 months i guess -the time it takes for the insurance to rebuild the shit and for me to replace the gear- so sad, fortunatly enough among the few things that could be saved was both hard drives that contained all my data... so i won't be going to see a shrink yet! see u everybody
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Awful news ! Hopefully other things like photos and documents were safely away somewhere ? How did it happen ? :sad:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Man thats sad :sad:
I am glad, that you saved your works, and I hope you will succed in rebuilding your life in a good way.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Thx Spirit, we think that it's the television set that had some sort of short in its circuitry -it was in stanby mode when i left the apartment in the morning- i lost a great deal of personnel stuff but hey at least i'm alive
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thx Immanuel
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Forget the Hard Drives and all other equipment, most important is that your person don´t get any damage. All other things can be exchanged but a Legros....

Damn what´s up the last days, virtualstudio lost his house and wife(maybe it´s good?) and now that.
borg

Post by borg »

that's rotten, laurent...

yes, thank god (or whoever) you are ok...
i'd like to say 'you could borrow my mac for the time being'...
luckily you have insurance.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

The "québécois" spirit will lift you above this ordeal I`m sure.

Crisse, juste avant la St-Jean...

Chin up :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

wow!thankfully you're o.k.....
this'll probably work out in your favor in the end,somehow.......
astroman

Post by astroman »

too sad, Legros, my deepest regrets, but of course your health is the most important.
Is it your own appartement ? If not, then I'd strongly suggest to find a new one.
I don't wanna make things worse, but those kinds of 'electronic fires' leave a lot of nearly unremovable chemicals most (in)famous dioxines. Check out how to handle this in case you have to reuse the place and have someone measure pollution. It's a long term issue and really worth to better be safe than sorry.

best wishes, Tom
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thx all really appreciate :smile: yeah i'll see with the landlord but probably will find a new place... time for a new beginning
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Amazing, I can’t believe this! Truly sorry to hear that Legros… Nevertheless, I’m with Paul when he says we need to lift up our hearts when something like this happens. My father had a carpentry long time ago, and we had a serious fire too, machines and lost of stocked wood burnt away… Well, everything was rebuilt and life had continued.

What makes people fail is not the numbers of times they fall in life, but the lack of strength to get up and continue walking the path.

This is perhaps not much for you, but I’m sure many here ARE with you in mind and heart and so am I.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nestor on 2003-06-22 18:11 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

whoa! Things I have nightmares about really do happen! I'm just happy nobody got hurt or.. well, burnt to death. It's just really hard to imagine how it's like. Beyond my imagination. Anyhow, I hope things get settled soon. For all it's worth, tell us if we can help you in any way. (planetZ supports you.. digitally?)
snoopy4ever

Post by snoopy4ever »

I'm really sorry to hear that legros, It's really good to know you are ok and nobody got hurt from such terrible thing.

Situations like this one makes me think about our preparation for accidents, we as musicians use to cover rooms with special materials in order to optimize the sound, those materials can be prone to fast ignition, not to mention we handle lots of electric cables which, if missplaced or bad connected, can start a fire. Does someone knows some document or regulation that could bring us a more secure music environment????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: snoopy4ever on 2003-06-23 10:46 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

damn, I feel sorry for you Legros.
Wish you luck with all the shit!
eliam

Post by eliam »

Mes encouragements les plus sinceres!

For sure, the kébékois spirit will raise you above the adversité, taboire!
The Z Station

Post by The Z Station »

My sympathies man! The most important thing is that you are safe. But like a phoenix, you'll rise above the ashes. - no pun intended... My best wishes to you, sir!
Valium

Post by Valium »

Vraiment domage de devoir lire une chose si terrible, heureusement personne n'a été blessé.

Bon Chance a toi et ta famille!!

Greetz
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thx to all of you really, this community is so cool! well small update, I've found a new (and better) apartment and now rebuilding a home studio... so far so good, if all goes well I could be powering it up this weekend, fingers crossed héhé
hubird

Post by hubird »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2003-07-03 08:44 ]</font>