Musical brain (news story link)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

Post by astroman »

:wink: one could get that impression, Gary...
though I didn't want to put this in a cultural context at all.
It just reminded me how badly I neglected abilities over the years due to early music courses in school. For a too long time I believed the sh*t I was taught.
But there is something in the magic of tunes that makes me frequently buy a record just because I heard it one single time.
It doesn't leave my memory and makes me want to repeat that sensation. But that's more a problem where my cash is located, than which part of the head triggered the decision :grin:

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2002-12-19 04:10 ]</font>
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Today I want try to show you a list of brain waves.
Brain waves are the sum of all electric activities of your brain, you can measure them with electrodes. There are many electro chemical discharges of our nerve cells.
Each discharge produce a small electro magnetic field with a frequence between one or up to 40Hz. Sometimes they reached 100Hz or higher. The sum of all signals are the brain waves.

These waves are split into three rubrics:
The alphawaves, betawaves and Delta/Thetawaves.

The DeltaWaves(0-4Hz):
When you sleep or act unconscious somehow, the delta waves dominate. These waves stands in context with healing.
Delta waves pour out growth hormone.
when delta waves are dominating you are in a trance like,non physical mood.

Delta waves are important for a exchange between a healer and his patient. There is the Crainiosacrale frequence 0.1Hz. This frequence harmonise some of the OSC´s :smile:
of your systemic. Pulse, respiration etc.
Thus your immune system,constitution and performance can be raised. You can produce these low frequences with Phaser or Flanger effects.

0.5 Hz or 0.55Hz stands in context with your preparation for sleep, healers induces these frequence with magnetic or electric impulses.

1Hz, you have a overall good sense of being.
2.5Hz is a good frequence when you have problems with your sleep or when you have pain. When healers induces you that frequence ,they say, Endorphine, opitate set free, you get relaxed and your pain relieves.

ThetaWaves: my favourites

They appear when you are dreaming or you are in a special trance situation :wink:or you are in a deep meditation. The door to creative stands wide open and your subconsious is fully active. Phantasiepicture will appear, you have got inspirations up to whole Dreamsequences.
Children have a very high contingent of ThetaWaves up to their 12. year.( i´m not surprised).
Around 4Hz the Grenzfrequence/critical frequence, is good for your learning and memories.
As a critical frequence between Delta and Theta waves, you can suggest this frequence via your ears, old shaman used clashes,rattles or drums for that, at 160bpm.
Have we got trance music now? DJ Shaman haha.

Schuman and critical frequence 7.83/8Hz

A bilogical system on this frequence stands in context with the Resonancefrquence of our earth and the mundane magnetic field. The electro magnetic matrix for all beings on this planet, all beings developt in this frequence, Micheal Hutchinson said that.
When they add 14,20,26,33,39,45 Hz as overtone to this they call it the Schumanwaves.

Dr.Norman Shealy worked with a patient, Norman induces his patient 20min with a light that flickers at 7.8Hz. Norman raised the concentration of growth hormone in his patient about 25%. At 31,2Hz 4x7.8Hz the resonance increased once more, Testosteron, muscel growth and the desire for sex(haha) were increased too.

The scientist in Aspen/Colorado developt that dolphins produce 7,83Hz sonic waves on there own.
The last years several scientist researched that there is a changing in the schumanwaves around this earth, our consciousnes situation is changing.
From Theata(child,trance) to Alpha( conscious relaxed attention).

Fact is that all electro magnetic activities increases immense the last years, we are living in a synthetical chaos of magnetic fields and frequences. Without a warning from our senses we are moving away our organism from the natural electro magnetic context of our earth. The magnetical field of earth lost nearly the half of his intensity the last 4000 years. Something will happen.

But don´t worry you can stimulate yourself with accustic, optical or electromagnetic signals at 7.83Hz and find the earth link again. Why don´t you buy a dolphine for your bathroom. Sorry.

Tomorrow I will say something to alpha and beta waves. I have to say that most of these informations/crap(?) are not in my mind, I translate most of it from a german website, but I think this is not all crap, many scientist and research people signature these informations.

CU

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2002-12-19 07:06 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Extremely interesting Chris, I look forward to the next installment.

Also, the polarity of the Earth's magnetic field has reversed many times. (I'll try to post the epochs of the shifts if I can remember which book !) Perhaps this change might also reflect changes in thought patterns (if there were any hominids about). Seems though that this is almost getting close to astrology . . .
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Maybe this is what you are talking about, Spirit?

http://www.icr.org/pubs/imp/imp-242.htm

http://www.americanscientist.org/articl ... uller.html

http://www.es.ucsc.edu/~glatz/geodynamo.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2002-12-19 09:05 ]</font>
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Astroman

I let go of the Bio Accoustics theory, because the research by Tony Wigram brought me the obvious - that "everything is realative - exept, that everything is relative".

The Bio Accoustics system apealed to my facination of mathematics and systems. But I find it to stiff. This system (as it was presented to me) claims to be able to calculate wich medicine you need, wich frequensies you need, wich colors you need, - all on the basis of astrology (wich again is relative - especially as you move towards the North or South Pole). However, the system didn't seem to count houses - only planetary possitions, so it could be ok.

But now this research showed me, that there is not a single calculateable frequency wich will cure you. Humans differ - from eachother and from themselves in time and space.

Yes, the theory is beautifull (if you see it that way), but it is not organic (as I see it). Maybe it can be used as a guideline, but I do not believe in it as giving truely true and exact answers. In fact I do find it more beautifull, that we as humans are not "boxable" in the way, that such a theory suggests.

But yes, you can octave sound/light up and down and find matches. Our sight is about one octave, and the colors do kind of meet a bit in the ends (in my view). Actually i believe that colors span over more than one octave, but we only see one, because we only need one. But wich one :wink: A printer uses 3 base colors to make all colors. A painter uses 3 other colors to make all colors. A light enginier once told me, he makes white by mixing blue and yellow light. So do we see the fundamental frequency? Or is it more like key-C on the piano and one octave up? Sorry - I am leading the discussion in another direction now.

Basically I agree with Garyb - we are not supposed to know it all. This theory almost offered it all - and it fasinated me.

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

"everything is realative - exept, that everything is relative"
Seems my mental wondering hasn't been wrong. The total relativeness of the brain was somewhat of a barrier... but it does have a beauty in its vagueness. The sense of expression somewhat relies on this vagueness, in that creating sentences with absolute, concrete meanings usually becomes boring. (while the results are constant) But all the jokes, stories, and other interesting aspects of expression makes use of hidden implications, things that ignite your imagination... all these vague aspects are what makes them interesting. An interesting expression is somewhat different from an instruction manual.

It's an interesting dilemma though. You either go relative, with all its vagueness, uncertainty... or you go absolute, with its accuracy, consistancy, and.. well, boring-ness. Seems most stick with the vagueness, so as to leave some creative breathing space, but try to put up with the inconsistancy of it. Seems all the more "human" way to me.
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Astroman,

I never hard that anyone can learn absolute hearing. During my study on music high school in Weimar some friends of mine tried it, but without success.
This possibility you have or you haven't. Please don't think that I am arrogant!!!
Some people say, it is an outstanding good memory for tunes. Well, I've never tried to hear not any music some months along (in our world it wouldn't be possible; you had to move to Antarctica) and then test my hearing again.
Well, it is not ever an advantage. I've already written about the transpose function of keyboards. I can not use it, I get completely crazy and ain't possible to play only 2 bars correctly. If something has to be transposed, I have to do it "live"!
But in some cases there are advantages, of course. The biggest advantage is, when I have to write down a song from tape or CD to practise it with a singer or for myself. I think, then I can economise much time.
And at last: A sharp and fine relative hearing is better in much cases as an inaccurate absolute hearing - for tuning instruments, singing more legato and clean, hearing records with historical instruments ... It's not ever an advantage.
hubird

Post by hubird »

ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

The AlphaWaves(8-14Hz):
They appear mostly when you are relaxed, closed your eyes and when you are really balanced.
When your head and body build one unit.
AlphaWaves are a stabilise Force,they deliver you all familiar processes of each day.
When you are healthy and stressless you produce many AlphaWaves.
When you have less AW´s it could be a sign that you get ill,or have stress.
Healers induces AlphaWaves during the superlearning methode or other mental technics like
<a href="http://www.pacinter.net/users/chawman/Silva.html"> Silva-Mind-Control. </a>

AlphaWaves are splitted into three rubrics.
A appointed oppression of some AW´s can open an entrance to non physical rooms that are out of our normal belives. That happens for example in our deep sleep phase or other transcendental situations.

The lower Alpha area.(8-10Hz)
Here your self sense works,balance between Head and body, the upper Alpha area(10-12Hz)
stands for centering,healing and link between body and soul.

10Hz is a biological universal frequence, you can find this Frq in many EEG´s of mammals. Healers stabilise and harmonise your organism with inducing 10Hz light,electric or elektromagnetic impulses.
It looks like that mammals have a maximum around 10Hz in their EEG´s and they say that this show an association between our nervesystem and the lowfrequent Earth magnetic field.
You can compare the 10Hz feeling with a cat sitting in front of a mouse hole, relaxed but everytime ready to jump and catch that mouse. Or like a middle positon allows us to jump left or right.

Now some nice stories around alpha waves.

We do it all, aprox. 15 times in a minute, we blink or wink with our eyelash to clean or eyes. :wink:
But to clean our eyes effective every two minutes one wink would be enough. What is going on here?
When you get more and more into a distress situation, your winks raise.
There is the blink pope named Prof. Joseph Tecce from the Boston University, he analysed the TV duel between Bush and Dukakis. Someone asked both about the subject abortion.
Bush had much problems, he blinked 89 times each minute, that is a record.
When you blink the relaxing AlphaWaves increase, when you have stress a blink takes aprox. a half second, when you are balanced a blink is twice faster. When you get in a very threateningly situation you try to switch off your aggressor opticaly. Like a child, what I don´t see isn´t there. You become a master `o´ blink like bush.

"I´am off for my break", that is a very healthy thing. When you leave all outer rhythmics you give your inner rhythm place ,it can spread and devolp in our body and souls. It is a kind reorganisation yourself. Before a disease forces you to take a break. Maybe this is the sense of the biblical 7th day of rest.

BetaWaves (14-100Hz)
When you are awake open eyes and put your focus to the outer world, or you are busy with concrete problems BetaWaves dominates.
BW´s are associate with concentration,cognition but also stress,worry and hectic. A huge contingent of BW´s can be found when you output stresshormones. BW´s are split up into several areas.

SMR Beta(12-15Hz) relaxed attention, focus put on the outer things

Medium Beta(15-18Hz) active attention, outer focus

High Beta(18-35Hz) Stress, fear, high strain

What healers do at:
12-15Hz a training in this area can therapy bad teenagers this is called atention deficit disorder ADD

18Hz Davie Sievers(Davids Paradise)University/Alberta worked with his mind machine on athletics, after this work the athletics had the feeling okay ,come on let´s do it.

20Hz the scotish group of doctors Equinox,measured that frequences around 20Hz produces pain and stress.

GammaWaves(35-100Hz)
are not investigated much, they appear when you have fear,hyperactivies or other top performances (peak perfomance).
GW can be found on many people that have mental diseases like shizophrenia.
But also GW´s could measured in mystical or tranzedental moments. Maybe they show the loss of the subject I. You loss yourself.

I could find this link about<a href="http://www.phil.vt.edu/ASSC/newman/sauve3.html"> 40Hz Gammawaves </a>

This is alot of theory and not much useable stuff for us, but with this information I would show you that music can be very important for us, we have oscilators in our head like a synth have some.
We can suggest music,light electromagnetic signals to ourselfs, to clean and heal our body ,mind and soul. Also we can force pain to us, already sonic weapons were produced, I can tell you something about that later.

Frequences can do much to us, they are all around, in our head, in the light, in our music , everything has his frequence.
I believe that all parts of science are just small areas of one big thing that we haven´t found yet.
I guess once we have discovered the main thing, all other things will become very clear, everything works together, I won´t be surprised if that "main thing" couches direct in front of us, but we don´t see it,yet.

I will close this BrainWave thing now and will type something more useful the next days, the sound design.

Chris