how do you set logic to record more than 24 audio tracks?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

I need you guys help :smile: working on a song and up to 23 audio tracks now but the drums and the percussion section is still to be done... Is this possible? Thanks
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

You just create a new audio object in your environment, and assign another channel to it...(use the column on the left) By default, the new audio object is not assigned any channel when it is created. Just select the good channel.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thanks Marcus
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

You're welcome... :smile:

I think (not sure) you can get 128 audio channels in Logic... Somebody?

Hey, Laurent, btw, you're not alone now with a good mic... :grin: I got myself a very very cool Rode NT1000... What a fabulous microphone...The life of your old SM58 ended yesterday...:wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2002-12-06 14:28 ]</font>
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

hey Marcus! Remember LiveAid?
All the mics on stage were SM58's.
I still have mine :smile:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

hey Marcus, about time you got yourself some decent mic to record your bass clarinet... can't wait to see you guys over here, we're gonna drink :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

now,the mics on a show like live aid would be audix om series(om3xb,5,7).in that day,there really weren't many durable,decent sounding mics available.since then many companies have worked to make a quality dynamic stage vocal mic and beyer,ev,sennheiser and audix were very successful.58's are still common because they have been used since the late 50's(developed for the vocalmaster p.a.) and most know them as quality so that when one thinks of a vocal dynamic stage mic the 58 is the image that comes to mind.it's a good mic,but it's probably the weakest of the feild in this day and age imho.the 58's that are currently made in mexico are NOT the same as the classic u.s.a. model either.
the audix om3xb is the same classic eq but with a much better freq response(check the 58's poor specs)and MUCH less feedback.the main reason that the 58 continues to be sooo popular is familiarity
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Paul & Gary : I use the mic to record a BASS clarinette, read again BASS clarinette... :smile:

There is NO bass, too much noize, bad reproduction of this instrument into a SM58, or any other dynamic mic i tried...

I agree that a dynamic mic is still needed for those 'put the microphone down your throat and scream' kinda music...But not for my purpose. NT1000 is SO much better for what i need! Now, just gotta find a decent preamp to match the exceltent sonic qualities of the nt1000. I saw your post about the Apogee MINI-ME btw Gary, seem pretty cool! Anyway, i was leaning toward a Mindprint Envoice, or maybe a Art DTS, or JoeMeek VC3Q (i think this is the good model)...Don't know yet...

Any suggestions?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2002-12-09 14:47 ]</font>