Something I wanted to do for a long time, like some of you,

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Due to the link Paul gently passed us about the Code 3 band, I thought it may be time for some of us to go into the MP3.COM stuff. I’m not aware of it, I don't know much... I have gone there just a couple of times and found it to be a little messy and most of the music I heard , was quite bad. But well… I see there are all sort of things, so good bands like the Code 3 one, have too a place there...

I would like to know what you have to do to enter the game, and which are the real conditions for it. Does it worth something to be there? Why, in which sense would you recommend such a thing?

I’m moving hearth and heaven trying musically, and this probably should also be part of this effort I think.

Please friends, tell me what you think and pass me a couple of advices if you like to. It would as well be nice if those having an MP3.COM deal, posted their respective links to hear what they have done.

Thank you :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nestor on 2002-11-25 02:44 ]</font>
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

(hello from new york :smile: )

mp3.com is good and bad. there are two 'artist packages': free and pay. free gets you a site and free mp3 posting. pay means that you pay them a small amount each month and then you get paid for your downloads. note: this means that you will be paying each month unless you get a relatively high # of downloads.

personally, I have a free site up. I don't promote it at all, I use it more like an archive of my own mp3s and also get some promo thru it in the sense that some people find it just browsing. http://www.mp3.com/algorhythmz

My advice: open an account, upload a few songs that you like of yours, and see what happens. Don't put everything you have it once. Test drive it first. :smile:

~ joel
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hey Algo, what’s up man, ya right?

I see… so there are two ways, one is free and the other paying. How much do you have to pay a moth anyway? If it is little money, it would be alright. And the other obvious question is how many downloads per moth have you to get to be paid?

Is it difficult to get your registration and songs up there or easy? Of course, I don’t expect for you to explain me everything here, cos for sure it is already explained in the mp3.com site, but would like your advice anyway.

BTW, I’m doing many different kinds of music styles, some for fun, some cos I’m trying to get into the dance business. Can you put them together in one single location? Or asked the other way around: Can you have several accounts?

Thanks for your answer. :smile: