How difficult is it to build your own computer?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

So I suppose you would be better in working into a BIG case, like those with 8 or 10 empty racks, despite you are going to never use them. Nevertheless, I think this is good for ventilation as well. Any of you have one of those real big cases? I love them…
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Chill69

Post by Chill69 »

I have one of those, and I though about putting my computer into one. It turned out to be too big though, as I couldn't fit it under my desk. It was an old server case, it had 15 5.25" bays in the front, and 25(!) 3.5" bays inside it! The power supplies that originally came with it were far to large and used a much different standard than consumer mainboards. I could fit 3 conventional powersupplies in the space that 2 of the server fits. The case is just too big for me, but I couldn't argue with the price (free). I'd like to put mine in a rack case like Subhuman's and a couple of others here have done, but at the moment I don't even have a rack to put my gear in (their just stacked up on the desktop). I'd like to have gotten one of those Antec or knock off cases (very nice) but 130+ for a case is a little rich for my blood. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll just get a 4U rack case and be done with it.

My studio is a mess.

Chris