Area international POPular group (great music)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

alfonso

Post by alfonso »

who of you does know anything about an italian group of the 70's called "area" and their legendary greek vocalist called demetrio stratos?

in the official site of their keyboardist there is some sample of their great music.

my favourite album is "crack", but they are all great. (there is also real minimoog...)

http://www.fariselliproject.com/discografia.htm
zezappa

Post by zezappa »

not crack... but Crac
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2002-10-13 22:04, zezappa wrote:
not crack... but Crac
oh! too much tired sometimes....i own that record from the day it was published.. :lol:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I don't know the group. I know some interesting ones that were not so popular , though (not Italian, either): Aphrodite's Child (their '666' album is great!) or Brainticket (I've got a bootleg CD including their 2 albums). Both of the groups are early '70.
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

ha, aphrodite's child :smile: with vangelis and demis rousos. i like it very much. specialy first recordings what they made in paris 1968-69:
- it's 5 o'clock
- rain and tears
- end of the world

they are greeks :smile:

btw: i was born in november '66, (when beatles finished revolver and started "pepper's" recording session) but i think that i know a lot about pop music from sixties! :smile:
zezappa

Post by zezappa »

hi, alphonso I'm tired of being tired... hehehe
now trying to put that litle smilling thing...
:lol:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I've got no Real Player (it gets more offensive to your computer each day) but looking at the pictures on Area's site their style oscilates in something like Residents/Plastic People of the Universe/SPK/Cassiber/Can, doesn't it?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2002-10-17 05:52, samplaire wrote:
I've got no Real Player (it gets more offensive to your computer each day) but looking at the pictures on Area's site their style oscilates in something like Residents/Plastic People of the Universe/SPK/Cassiber/Can, doesn't it?
mmmm, not at all...
some tracks are mp3. check the "Crac" recordings, and everything before "Gli dei se ne vanno......" included.
it's worth.
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

i know many italian performers and songs from '50,'60 & '70. one of my best is cameleonti's song - applausi.
now i listen renzo arbore and orchestra italiana. this is one of my best groups ever - i have renzo's 6 original cds :smile:
i also like vinicio capossela. album canzoni a manovella is masterpiece :smile:
i want reccomend to all - find and listen vinicio's songs: "maraja'" :roll:

anyone know some croatian's performer or any performer from former yugoslavia? is somebody heard for goran bregovic or emir kusturica & no smoking band?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2002-10-18 18:08, sandrob wrote:
anyone know some croatian's performer or any performer from former yugoslavia? is somebody heard for goran bregovic or emir kusturica & no smoking band?
they are very well known in italy, and i like them very much.
regarding all the italian stuff you mentioned, it's good, but nothing can beat the old area.