World's funniest joke

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

In case you didn't see it, here's the world's funniest joke, something that supposedly works equally well across all nations and cultures.

<b>Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"</b>

This story has some more insights:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/2297365.stm
For example, Germans apparantly find just about everything funny; while Americans like jokes where someone is made to look stupid.

Worth a read !
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

"Careful analysis of the data revealed that people found the jokes funniest on the 7th October at 6.03 in the evening."

well - I guess I'll have to reread it tomorrow night, because I didn't think it was funny at all.

BTW Spirit - you are really diggin' the OT forum, no? :wink:
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Yeah I saw this in the news too. Didn't really think it was that funny either!

Whatever!!!
-John
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

OK, try this trick:

Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do
> NOT
> use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
> Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add
> another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the
> total?
>
>
>
>
> Scroll down for answer..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. Don't believe
> it? Check with your calculator!
>

I've actually got another VERY funny joke, but it involves s*x, so maybe I can't post it...

ps: Algo, I'm on holidays at the moment, so maybe that explains it!
Micha

Post by Micha »

Worlds funniest joke still is unknown as Monty Python stated it: Everybody who wanted to tell it died after the first sentence.
Happy pulsaring
Micha
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes,i thought everyone knew that!
ontik

Post by ontik »

I have been telling this joke for years and it still gets a great response everytime.....

Q. Why do cavemen drag their women by the hair?

A. Cos if you drag 'em by the ankles, their c***s fill up with dirt.

:eek:)
ontiK.

"If I have to explain, you won't understand."
remixme

Post by remixme »

Its a good job planetz is AFAIK... entirely comprised of men!!! :smile:
Add life to your days, not days to your life.
astroman

Post by astroman »

so here's a counterpart :grin:
http://www.pinknoises.com/index.html

cheers, Tom
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

If Ontik can get away with it, so can I. A friend sent this to me - completely sexist and unreasonable but I laughed... Of course I'll understand if it's deleted. A quite inappropriate post to celebrate my 1000th message :lol:

>> If Men Wrote Problem Pages

>>Q: My husband wants a threesome with my best friend and me.

>>
A: Obviously your husband cannot get enough of you! Knowing that there is only one of you he can only settle for the next best thing - your best friend. Far from being an issue, this can bring you closer together. Why not get some of your old college roommates involved too? If you are still apprehensive, maybe you should let him be with your friends without you. If you're still not sure then just perform oral sex on him and cook him a nice meal while you think about it.

>>

Q: My husband continually asks me to perform oral sex on him.

>>

A: Do it. Semen can help you lose weight and gives a great glow to your skin Interestingly, men know this. His offer to allow you to perform oral sex on him is totally selfless. This shows he loves
you. The best thing to do is to thank him by performing it twice a day; then cook him a nice meal.

>>

Q: My husband has too many nights out with the boys.

>>

A: This is perfectly natural behaviour and it should be encouraged. The Man is a hunter and he needs to prove his prowess with other men. A night out chasing young single girls is a great stress relief and can foster a more peaceful and relaxing home. Remember, nothing can rekindle your relationship better than the man being away for a day or two (it's a great time to clean the house too)! Just look at how emotional and happy he is when he returns to his stable home. The best thing to do when he gets home is for you and your best friend to perform oral sex on him. Then cook him a nice meal.

>>

Q: My husband doesn't know where my clitoris is.

>>

A: Your clitoris is of no concern to your husband. If you must mess with it do it in your own time or ask your best friend to help. You may wish to videotape yourself while doing this, and present it to your husband as a birthday gift. To ease your selfish guilt, perform oral sex on him and cook him a delicious meal.

>>

Q: My husband is uninterested in foreplay.

>>

A: You are a bad person for bringing it up and should seek sensitivity training. Foreplay to a man is very stressful and time consuming. Sex should be available to your husband on demand with no pesky requests for foreplay. What this means is that you do not love your man as much as you should; He should never have to work to get you in the mood. Stop being so selfish. Perhaps you can make it up to him by performing oral sex on him and cooking him a nice meal.

>>

Q: My husband always has an orgasm then rolls over and goes to sleep without giving me one.

>>

A: I'm not sure I understand the problem. Perhaps you've forgotten To cook him a nice meal.

>>
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

:lol: you sick f#ck!

congrats on the 1000 posts. welcome to the millenium club!
astroman

Post by astroman »

Spirit, congrats for being guru now :smile: though you could still improve on jokes
http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1994-12.html
or
http://www.darwinawards.com/personal/pe ... 02-21.html

cheers, Tom
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Thanks Tom, I liked those, although if true the cartoons are in rather poor taste. I remeber years ago a friend telling me that some relation had died while on holiday on a some Pacific island. They said that while relaxing on the beach a coconut dropped on their head and killed them. Probably another urban myth . . .

Apologies for posting such appalling smut. :oops:
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's good when an elder has a sense of humor.........
at0m

Post by at0m »

Oki, here's one joke that works good in Belgium -we're quite proud of our beers.

Three breweries' representatives have a meeting in the morning. There's one rep from Stella, one from Jupiler and one from Heineken.
The rep from Stella calls the bartender, and shouts '3 Stella, please'. They get their glasses, which after a while run dry.
The Heineken rep calls the bartender and shouts '3 Heineken, please'. They discuss a little more and a while later their glasses are empty.
The Jupiler rep calls the bartender and shouts '3 Heineken, please'. The other 2 look astonished. The Jupiler rep takes his watch and says 'It's too early still to drink beer'.

Enjoy your sunday :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

homer approves....