Behringer Motor 61 cheap?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Behringer Motor 61 cheap?

Post by yayajohn »

https://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-Midi-K ... way&sr=8-1

Knowing full well that you get what you pay for in most cases......this was a tough sell for me but the price was too hard to resist.
It just arrived yesterday so I'm still checking it out. Surprisingly seems well built. So far everything works as advertised.
How they are making any money on this is beyond me (cheap labor yup) but wow, even has aftertouch.
Buyer beware: some production quality control reported on the web so I bought this being prepared for a dumpster run.
I will report back here immediately any problems I discover.
Neutron and Model D price even went down prob due to the K-2
borg

Re: Behringer Motor 61 cheap?

Post by borg »

had this on my list as well, about a year ago. The bad reports were just too much.
Got an M-audio Code49 instead, cheap as well, but quite happy with that (apart from moronically laid out knobs, so close to each other!).
Needed to replace my Studiologic 88 keys in a hurry. That thing was the worst piece of kit I ever had!
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

interesting how the m-audio 61 key and 49 key are priced the same? X-Y pad is neat but I could never get my Novation Remote SL 61 to work smoothly. The layout is really intuitive on the Motor 61 compared to the Novation(it was really good controller for it's time though)
Favorite thing so far: you can switch between MC and MIDI on the fly with 2 buttons on the front. :P
How is the M-Audio layout?
Marco

Post by Marco »

Did you use the latest Update
Man braucht aber 1.091, dieses Update hat ein netter brasilianischer Youtuber "Ed Araujo" an sein Firmware Update Video gehängt und man kann über einen google Dateipfad auf das "gezipte" FW Paket zugreifen.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

???!!! English please :wink:
I'm assuming that's for the Behringer? There hasn't been a firmware update for the Novation MK1 in quite some time, and I don't expect any either.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Yes what else
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ok...so i'm on the original factory firmware since I just got this a few days ago. So far all functions appear normal. I'm using Reaper.
Haven't tested everything yet though.
So what's the problem? What have you heard?
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Some years ago I had to buy a new Midicontroller, and was considering the Motor64 too.
As I missed DAW rec/mute controls, I ended up on SLmkII.
I thought it's Automap feature could be useful, but was wrong, much to time-consuming.

Anyway, for 170 bucks the Motor is a steal.
Don't know if you already updated it, but in this YT there's the link to v 1.091.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:) Yeah Automap sucked and still does. I've got my SL sitting aside just in case this one craps on me. So far everything is working great though.
The motor 61 has 4 sets of 8 faders banks you can instantly switch between and the faders will move to whichever bank is selected. A really good example of the usefulness of motorized faders
Thanks for the link. I updated the firmware.
Great to hear from you roy
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

$149.99USD now. Boy they are really dumping these now.
Discovered a couple of manufacturing flaws as expected like for example, at eye level you can see one key sits a tiny bit lower.
With some good luck might be the deal of the century........or.......?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

So i thought I'd report back on this topic a few years later. Can't believe it's been 3 yrs.
So far the keyboard has miraculously worked flawlessly. I think the latest firmware did the trick for many of the problems that were plaguing it in the beginning.
Very interesting on how the pricing has migrated though:
https://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-Midi-K ... B01DT822V4
I (theoretically) could list this for sale as a used keyboard and possibly double the money I paid for it. Insane?!!!
https://reverb.com/p/behringer-motor-61 ... eYQAvD_BwE

and.....they are even selling replacement fader motors for it.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ontrollers

However; With that being said, I do feel that luck has had a huge part in my success with this as I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a whole bunch of negative reviews on this particular keyboard. Overall I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it.