Cubase 50% off 30 years anniversary offer

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Cubase 50% off 30 years anniversary offer

Post by Marco »

Steinbergs Cubase and all thier other products are 50% off.

I own Studio one, and that's why I crossgraded to cubase and the price droped one more time down to 75% minus 10€ for the Gutschein of musicstore. de

I am happy now, using Studio one and cubase.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Bud Weiser

Re: Cubase 50% off 30 years anniversary offer

Post by Bud Weiser »

offtopic ?

:)

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I never thought to go back to cubase but 30 years isnt very long. I bought my cubase 3.0 in 1993 for my Atari, later the VST and then they always tried to pull out my money out of my pocket.... I wanted something better. But years after absence, the anniversary came like a suprise.

But I still have my Atari mega Ste with cubase 3.0. I like the easyness of this vintage computing and I have enough Hardware to control.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

what is the advantage using cubase compared to studio one, samplitude ...
Is it more stable ? More features ?
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

nebelfuerst wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:52 am what is the advantage using cubase compared to studio one, samplitude ...
Is it more stable ? More features ?
I don´t use Cubase since I wasn´t able upgrading from SX anymore, just because I didn´t when Steini thought I should and I decided to do later.
Same happened to me w/ Wavelab 4 ...
They really wanted me to buy both new again !

But:

Studio One Pro vs Cubase ...

No MIDI SysEx support in Studio One !
And I guess there are still some more feature differences.

I use Studio One Pro and hate I have to use Reaper in addition.

:)

Bud
Marco

Post by Marco »

There is a better Hardware Controller support, cubase is always supported first by all Hardware Controller manufacturers, but samplitude is most time not on thier list :( that's really really sad. Studio one is cool, some functions are made in different style.
dante

Post by dante »

Steinberg sux ass since a decade ago - CuBloat is overpriced complex mush (there mixer looks like a techno droid who likes text and blank space not nicely coloured EQ knobs) and I buyed thier MIDEX 8 - only to find it doesnt handle sysex full bank exchanges to my fully populated Kenton PlugStation, after all Steinberg spruking of LBT timing saving the world.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I know, cubase is always to expensive. And what I really hated was, that They change menue structure from Version to next.... They invented and implemented always 70 or more New features but not perfect, next Version the new functions from the last Version where not corrected or made better, no they invented and implemented 70 or more New Green embriotic functions on thier list..... Fuck! This made my crazy turn my back from cubase.

But now we will have a new try, for a little money!
I guess this Version will be most mellow....?

I would try to avoid buying thier Hardware. They do not Support them very long..... Also thier Plugins. Support means, buy next Version. How long does your cow spend milk?
braincell

Post by braincell »

Cubase has been getting much better in recent years. I can't live without it. It has so many features (some call it bloat because they are too lazy to learn it) but you don't have to use them all. As far as I know, it is the only one where you can make custom keyboard shortcuts for every single thing it does AND you can chain them together in a macro AND with custom MIDI effects you can create in the Logical Editor. The only limit really is your creativity and intelligence. So in that regard, yes it will not appeal to everyone. I know most are just too damn lazy to memorize custom shortcuts but that is their loss.

When you memorize they shortcuts, there will be very little menu diving and an elegant workflow which is so gratifying.
valis

Post by valis »

Most of Logic isn't even accessible without using shortcuts. Meaning there's more in the key commands than you will find exposed in any menu, and it's been like that since v3. It also has the ability to do macros (use bang automation and pack them into a folder that you can trigger with anything in your studio: midi, keyboard etc). And the midi effects are scriptable, meaning you can write your own in javascript.

My point however is that most of our flagship software tends to leapfrog in a few areas with a new version while playing catch-up in others, while hopefully staying truthful to the paradigm that the original coding team came up with when inventing the thing. Once you own 4-5 of them you start to realize the futility of batting for any one team, but at the same time appreciating the people who work diligently to keep these things in the market year after year, while watching pricepoints dip and mobile devices and freemium software take over. Long live our flagship DAWs! :)