Synth Boxes?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Synth Boxes?

Post by valis »

Any recommendations for synth-compatible boxes? Pricing them from online options (versus making my own by cutting a few together) puts me at $60-90 with the proper size and internal foam+bubble wrap. Of course some of this I have lying around...but open to input from the peanut gallery here. (Finally getting around to shipping my Virus Kb off for repair, internal PSU swaps were done to no avail).
garyb

Re: Synth Boxes?

Post by garyb »

go to the box store, get a box that fits the synth, or can be cutdown to fit the synth. put the synth in a poly bag, also from the box store. put a cardboard cover over any protruding knobs or sliders, cut from some scrap. make the cover in the shape of a "v" and tape it to the poly bag so that it provides shock protection. wrap in a layer or two of bubble wrap. put in the box. also purchase another box that is several inches bigger than the first in all dimensions. fill the gap with peanuts. this is better than what is used when the synth is first shipped to the store.

insure the package. since the packing is sufficient, you will be able to collect if the shipper breaks it. for anything fragile like a synth, use USPS priority. it's the same price as UPS ground, but the service is air freight, which gets much less abuse.
valis

Post by valis »

Thanks Gary, appreciated as always.
valis

Post by valis »

Virus was repaired, shipped in guitar boxes ordered from ULine (pack of 6) which I turned into a double walled box by using 2 and reducing the internal one a bit with my handy blade and extra string tape. Just got it back, safe and sound =]
garyb

Post by garyb »

great!