Propellerhead Europa - Flagship synth playable in Google Chrome

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Propellerhead Europa - Flagship synth playable in Google Chrome

Post by dante »

This is pretty cool. Can also now be purchased as a VST (previously only as a Rack Extension).

https://www.propellerheads.se/europa
Sounddesigner

Re: Propellerhead Europa - Flagship synth playable in Google Chrome

Post by Sounddesigner »

dante wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:02 pm Can also now be purchased as a VST (previously only as a Rack Extension).
I hope Propellerheads don't continue to make Reason's devices available as VST's for other DAWs, I suspect that may not be a good thing. Reason's devices are part of what makes it unique. This move may lead to some feeling there's no reason to buy Reason if one can get its devices as VST's. Likewise SCOPE's devices are a large part of what makes it special to thus I'd hate it if SonicCore likewise made them available as VST's. Europe being made a VST may cause some people to try it and then buy Reason but if Propellerheads do this with too many devices it may backfire and cost Reason a lot of sales. Very risky move IMO. Reason itself is the ultimate plugin it doesn't have to divide up into many VST's IMO, but of course I could be wrong.
dante

Post by dante »

I doubt very much that a few native rack extensions made into VST will undermine the Reason eco-system - there's simply too much going on in Reason now for that to happen. I still predominantly use Rack Extension in Reason with only the occassional VST. But its good to know VST is there if for example they get round to optimising it more and I decide to get Omnisphere or a 6-core that can run both Scope XITE and PCI.

At the moment, there is just way too much stuff for me to learn and use, so everything is under-utilised - Scope DSP, Reason, VST _ im using a fraction of it all :lol:
braincell

Post by braincell »

But if you are not in the ecosystem, it's a great thing! Just what it may take for me to purchase Propellerhead software again. It looks interesting and the price is good.