Piano: THIS IS IT!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Piano: THIS IS IT!

Post by Nestor »

I have never witnessed something so beautiful in terms of classic piano emulations... I am going this path right away. For me, due to its extremely artistic character this virtual piano does not even compares with Pianoteq, this is my humble opinion, don't get mad at me please, but I can't help, this is perfect. As a matter of taste this is THE NUMBER ONE EVER!

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/pe ... ert-grand/
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Re: Piano: THIS IS IT!

Post by Nestor »

Guys, I am thrilled, its dynamics are the real deal! It feels like a real great piano, but it is not in the concert hall, it is in your own room!

Play it and find out for yourself, you will not believe me until you play it directly because it is unbelievable!

It is extremely versatile too, I think this piano could easily be the only one piano for everything you could posibly do with an acoustic, period.
dawman

Post by dawman »

They make great sampled instruments.
I’ve got a few.
Congrats.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I'm after that Persian one, Koron I think it's called. Just waiting for a sale!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dawman wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:17 am They make great sampled instruments.
I’ve got a few.
Congrats.
Thanks Daw... :wink:

I have a large number of arrangements to build with classical piano. Almost all of the songs will have a piano speaking music upfront, so it must sound great. The rest of the instruments will be mellow additions: pads, strings and some other atmospheric soft instrument as a background to warm up the performance, but the piano and a singing voice will be the stars all the way.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Actually I just picked up their Resonance - Emotional Mallets Kontakt library for $20 over at audio plugin deals. 2.6GB of bowed, hit, scraped metal stuff for fifteen quid is a sore dick deal.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes it is! Great.

And Pearl, for what it gives you, it is not expensive either.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:51 pm Actually I just picked up their Resonance - Emotional Mallets Kontakt library for $20 over at audio plugin deals. 2.6GB of bowed, hit, scraped metal stuff for fifteen quid is a sore dick deal.
Thanks for the tip! I went to the site and although the price is $20, when I applied the code, I was charged nothing!

By the way, in the past I noticed that when I bounced Battery samples and put them into Groove Agent, they sounded noticeably much better, this with no processing before or after. There's an export function in Kontakt which converts the samples into wav files. I will try this. My DAW isn't set up at the moment as I am in the process of moving. In any event, Groove Agent SE4 is way better in many ways for percussion samples than Kontakt is. I shy away from Kontakt because the quality just doesn't seem to be as good as in some of the other software I have. I think maybe Kontakt is designed to use less CPU power.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

braincell wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:27 am I shy away from Kontakt because the quality just doesn't seem to be as good as in some of the other software I have. I think maybe Kontakt is designed to use less CPU power.
For drums i never use Kontakt. I don't know if it actually sounds 'weaker' or whether it's some placebo, but I prefer to use a dedicated drum VST Instrument like BFD3. I don't mind the more unusual percussive stuff coming from Kontakt, like the Wave Alchemy stuff and Sonic Couture's Konkrete, but for solid drums it's always BFD3 for me.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Looks like I had rewards points I didn't know about on that site and I still have $39 left!
Mr Arkadin wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:42 am
braincell wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:27 am I shy away from Kontakt because the quality just doesn't seem to be as good as in some of the other software I have. I think maybe Kontakt is designed to use less CPU power.
For drums i never use Kontakt. I don't know if it actually sounds 'weaker' or whether it's some placebo, but I prefer to use a dedicated drum VST Instrument like BFD3. I don't mind the more unusual percussive stuff coming from Kontakt, like the Wave Alchemy stuff and Sonic Couture's Konkrete, but for solid drums it's always BFD3 for me.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Totally agree.
I bought several kits that sucked butts.
Scabbey Drums, Slate, etc.
Just so compressed you get little to work with.

UVI and Gigastudio beat PLAY or Kontakt.
They’re starting to get more developers so give them a whirl if you’re looking for sounds that aren’t ruined by over compression/expansion.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Exactly the same with me
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

If you want excellent drums at a law cost, there isn't anything better than XLN Addictive Drums 2:

https://www.xlnaudio.com/addictivedrums

I have been working with EZ Drummer forever, but this is going to be my next step up in drums efforts, they sound truly professional, they are as good as BDF to my ears, you don’t have many of the fine details of the BDF, particularly programming. Welll, I personally don’t need such level of programing detail, so XLN AD2 is juts the perfect step up for me. One day, I will be there!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Some of the impact instruments require the full version of Kontakt. It's a shame because they really are affordable and great sounding but I can't justify purchasing Kontakt/Komplete. Already have too many vst's I don't use and if I start down that path then I'm probably looking at a computer upgrade too.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

it's great you found the piano that's just right for your taste. I think with pianos there's an imprinting process that happens consciously/subconsciously, and a particular sound gets cooked into the brain. For me, I'm guessing it's the Kawai baby grand that I had at home. It's not particularly the best piano tone I've heard, but for a "regular piano" sound, I think that's what I revert to. But this C7 kind of has that down to earth feel without going over the top sanitized and digitally polished.

But I think it's very fortunate that this piano spoke to you. It's so rare to make an instant yet full connection with an instrument, digital or not. It DOES happen, and when it does it's like speaking the same language, and that instrument grew up in the same village. There's something cosmical and magical about meeting an instrument like that. (or a person)

For me PIanoteq wasn't that cosmic collision. It's become my go to piano from a utilitarian perspective, much less so for inspirational reasons. I can work with it, and it behaves mostly the way I think it should, but I don't feel a spiritual bond with it at all. I've tried, but somehow I don't get pulled in enough, and what I throw in to it doesn't "stick". It also seems to assert its independence, which is different from when you can dive head first into an instrument. It's different from when I got my toy bamboo flute that I used for the Finland production which was an immediate and electric connection. But since I do know what it feels like, I keep my eyes open and hope the lightning strikes again.
Last edited by kensuguro on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

No matter how many libraries I try (haven't tried modelling a la Pianoteq yet) I always search for more. I am happy with many of the libraries, but they all have a different character.

At the moment I really like the purity of NI's Una Corda, and really want to get Spitfire's Felt Piano.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

kensuguro wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:00 pm it's great you found the piano that's just right for your taste. I think with pianos there's an imprinting process that happens consciously/subconsciously, and a particular sound gets cooked into the brain. For me, I'm guessing it's the Kawai baby grand that I had at home. It's not particularly the best piano tone I've heard, but for a "regular piano" sound, I think that's what I revert to. But this C7 kind of has that down to earth feel without going over the top sanitized and digitally polished.

But I think it's very fortunate that this piano spoke to you. It's so rare to make an instant yet full connection with an instrument, digital or not. It DOES happen, and when it does it's like speaking the same language, and that instrument grew up in the same village. There's something cosmical and magical about meeting an instrument like that. (or a person)

For me PIanoteq wasn't that cosmic collision. It's become my go to piano from a utilitarian perspective, much less so for inspirational reasons. I can work with it, and it behaves mostly the way I think it should, but I don't feel a spiritual bond with it at all. I've tried, but somehow I don't get pulled in enough, and what I throw in to it doesn't "stick". It also seems to assert its independence, which is different from when you can dive head first into an instrument. It's different from when I got my toy bamboo flute that I used for the Finland production which was an immediate and electric connection. But since I do know what it feels like, I keep my eyes open and hope the lightning strikes again.
Wow, scary... :lol: it feels like you have been watching me through the window playing the Pearl
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Ken watches Nestor play the Pearl.jpg
Ken watches Nestor play the Pearl.jpg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 3910 times
Last edited by t_tangent on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hehehe, very nice, but you believe I am Jopo or that I have stolen Jope’s pullover. :D
I truly like my home I can tell… nice clock and a purple couch to have an enjoyable rest with a cup of tea warming my hands listening to my latest recording with the Pearl. Nice image! Thank you! :P
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

LOL, sorry about that. Corrected now, and Jopo has his pullover back. :) I was a bit drowsy earlier and forgot to read who had posted the previous comment.