Seaboard or Linnstrument?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Re: Seaboard or Linnstrument?

Post by braincell »

Nestor wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:23 pm Wow Brain, that sounds crazy interesting! :D let us know about your experience with them

I will Netsor, on top of that also check this out:

https://polyversemusic.com/products/gatekeeper/

Infected Mushroom is a great band but I could also imagine this used in other genres. It's a very creative tool and affordable.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I think you will be very happy with both of those. MPE seems to be gaining some traction esp now that it's officially supported by the midi assoc.
Just for your info the Linn 128 fits snugly into an averaged sized computer backpack with a 15' laptop and other junk. heavy, but do-able. That config will not fit into the overhead of the smallest regional jet (CRJ200) 50 seat. So you will have to remove something for it to fit, prob the Linnstrument since it is already in it's own sleeve. Under the seat on larger planes is questionable. I'm guessing not though.
I am looking for a smaller laptop to minimize but sacrifices must be made or $$$$$$
braincell

Post by braincell »

yayajohn wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm I think you will be very happy with both of those. MPE seems to be gaining some traction esp now that it's officially supported by the midi assoc.
Just for your info the Linn 128 fits snugly into an averaged sized computer backpack with a 15' laptop and other junk. heavy, but do-able. That config will not fit into the overhead of the smallest regional jet (CRJ200) 50 seat. So you will have to remove something for it to fit, prob the Linnstrument since it is already in it's own sleeve. Under the seat on larger planes is questionable. I'm guessing not though.
I am looking for a smaller laptop to minimize but sacrifices must be made or $$$$$$
Good advice. I would get a 7th generation Intel Nuc if I were you. Jet's have AC these days.