Korg Prologue

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: Korg Prologue

Post by Nestor »

Simply spectacular! A technological gem, truly :D ...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Post by valis »

Heh. Well it looks interesting, and somehow has me thinking of perhaps this instead of the Rev2, which I'm not in a hurry to get but is the next most likely upgrade here on the synth side of things.

Same hybrid approach as JDXa but in a more sensible manner (not parallel dig/ana voices but just the digital osc and rotor)...much nicer looking and I actually like the sound. Though I am unsure how the digital osc sounds on its own, it's not the major selling point just a way to add more movement & texture imo.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

looks like a very thoughtful mix. With the digital additions, the full analog path almost seems like an option, though with DSP effects I'm not sure how the signal path can be full analog. (maybe you turn it off?) Programmable osc definitely sounds interesting, though I get the feeling stuff like that is more geared for mutant synths that make alien sounds, while all the demos on Korg's site seemed very vanilla tame. Maybe just need to wait for users to start messing with it to draw out its true identity. It seems a bit confused as is.

It'd be cool if it could truly be a venomous mutant since the packaging isn't overtly saying that. (like Jekyll and Hyde style, known by a public face, but has an epic hidden side)
valis

Post by valis »

They haven’t fully Released all the details on the digital oscillator, but apparently he will be able to design your own waveforms, and the effect section will also be able to be extended via a provided utility so users can design their own effects. Also the effect section is digital and is in the analog signal path, which obviously implies everything goes through conversion stage. No details yet on whether the conversion stage can be bypassed
dawman

Post by dawman »

Glad to see somebody other than S|C’s Solaris has Digital Outs.
Big bonus having discrete Audio complimented with this Centurys’ digital connections.
frokka

Post by frokka »

Synth sounds great, but the knobs they are using are just the most unpleasant.
Any other knob-type used in modern synths is better.
I guess they use these knobs because it is a design statement, a differentiation from other brands.
Ergonomics were not important.
dawman

Post by dawman »

My controller came with slippery stupid plastic, not good if you’re sweating or just needing a grip.
Learned about soft neon rubber from local DJs.
4345EA4D-20E9-499D-AC7C-3EF095F6B91D.jpeg
4345EA4D-20E9-499D-AC7C-3EF095F6B91D.jpeg (240.09 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
petal

Post by petal »

Hey Dawman - That looks just fabulous!
dawman

Post by dawman »

It does look good, but really useful when lighting scenes change, or stage goes dark between songs.
As soon as you touch these sticky knobs and sliders so big and easy, you can’t mess up.
Before I did the DJ Upgrade everything was small slippery same colored plastic.
So it looks good now, and functions better.
valis

Post by valis »

Yes on stage visibility is key. Jimmy, you are so much more brave with your gear than I. I cart around a stack of projectors, LED walls, & Computers for my visual work. But I refuse to take Scope or my Solaris out of the studio. If I had a house fire I would save my family first, and then run back in and save those things too!