Aturia V Collection 6

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Aturia V Collection 6

Post by dante » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Arturia just announced a new version of the V Collection, their suite of meticulously re-created vintage synths (and organs, electric pianos, and a piano because why not):

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... n/overview

They have four new products this time around: Buchla Easel V, DX7 V, CMI V, and Clavinet V.

Apparently the Easel is a beast & ruffled a few feathers here http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... nt-1371721.

I'm going for the CMI at least.

Xmas anyone ?

Mr Arkadin

Re: Aturia V Collection 6

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 am

Many aeons ago I did a course on the CMI II (I think it was) so I might be tempted to remind me of the nightmare that was Page R (I assume they've included it).

I wonder how useful as a 'sampler with character' it would be.

The Synclavier also interests me, but none of the others really do.

Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 am

I like the products of arturia very much. I'm astonished how creative and powerful they are. There are strong software products and also high quality hardware products like hardware controllers communicate with there software or standalone analog hardware synthesizer and drummachines.
If I was new in this business I would not hesitate to buy one or more of arturias products because they are so complete but not as complex as NI. I have the spark drum machine. This big controller is a great piece of hardware. And the software offers a great collection of sounds. It combines samples and physical modeling and the results are phenomenal.

Now with their new version 6 they have expanded their collection. I wonder that they have recreated the DX7. None of any software or hardware recreation could ever satisfy me, because I am a real DX7 fan. NI s DX7 was a joke and most other vst FM simulations were disappointing. Only the FM for Scope from DAS is wonderful, but it needs a lot of dsp and there are not very much presets available and manual converting is something for people with a lot of time. If I was a programmer I would make a converter. Maybe somebody wants to make one?

Now, I don't know what arturia did, how their FM 7 sounds? If you have the scope then you don't need the arturia because scope sounds perfect without eating your PC performance at breakfast.

I Have the DX7 original at home and I know exactly the sound of it including its hum and hiss ;).
Scope 7 user since 2017 and Scope user since 1998. :o

Nestor

Post by Nestor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

These new instruments seem to be also very nice. I have not played them yet, but heard a demo of the DX7 and some people playing it, and it sounds pretty good to me, even if I had one once.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*

DragonSF

Post by DragonSF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:50 pm

I got the new V6 collection. As with the synclavier, the CMI lacks some functions. Some of the old VSTs have some trouble (crashes, blacked-out VST panel, presets not loading etc). But the Arturia support is very helpful and for the time being, most problems are fixed.