Pianoteq !

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Pianoteq !

Post by garyb »

in the end, it really doesn't have to be the same as, but it needs to sound good in the music, whatever that is.

there is no one Rhodes sound. that wishful thinking. all Rhodes are different, unlike plugins. it's always the same story, you win some, you lose some.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

That's it ! I decided my first pianoteq + bohemian violin & cello is over. And it's a tribute to my incredible mom.

https://soundcloud.com/jopo-3/mama

I don't know how one can think pianoteq sound more "digital" than any sampled one. Maybe because sound is subjective and its sound is generated by 100% sofware.
It's a pure beuty. But I'm a bit disapointed by its electric pianos.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can change your opinion of theEPianos,Tank Drum, Tubular Bell and Upright.
Been tweaking these since the latest mic placement/CPU Upgrade.
I like Upright the best, their grands are a Great but sampled grand bass clef seems to a little bettter in authenticity.
But PTeq allows comping the middle with perfect right hand solo levels.
Samples just over power the right hand when playing mid range chord, all of them actually.
A native flaw for some reason.

If you want fxps let me know, the Wurlitzer is outstanding.
Rhodes really beefy but great for dynamic jazz work..

Love mamas song.
Like grace slick 50 years into the future....
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Yes ! That's how I feel about pianoteq : the right hand sounds so much better than any sampled piano ! This gives much more emotion to the result ! I never could achieve such result with any other piano (in a computer ! I don't play keyboard enough well, anyway... :D )

I didn't buy the upright cause I've always been disapointed on sample based. But I can change my mind easily when someone shows me I was wrong ! One of my sacred principle.

Of course I want to try your pianoteq presets ! Send them to me ! :)
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

A very interesting composition. The strings and voices sort of blend into a mystic texture, and the lead voice seems to blend in and out of the mass of texture, sounds a bit ominous. The bass has an interesting attitude... he's like syncopated and funky just all by himself, which is really attention grabbing. And it still works as a whole, so the pluralism succeeded I feel.
petal

Post by petal »

Yeah - I like your style as well Jopo, it graps y attention and I keep listening. Really well played and it sounds good :)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

This is the song with most pain that I have listened at coming from you. Could you tell me which where the feelings that pushed you there? I see it as the music for a great movie. I know the bass is a digital one, but you have such a good taste that even a bass player likes it! :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Wow ! Thanks a lot, guys !

Nestor --> I've lost my mother last spring. She pasts away in 2 weeks, it was so violent like the sky falls on my head. She was a very special person. I guess this pain guided me.

But what do you think about the bohemian violin and the pianoteq ? Is n't it awesome ?
https://www.virharmonic.com/bohemian_violin

Kensuguro --> If I remember well, I started this track on a much higher tempo, then realized that it was very interesting to slower it. It's like the bass push intensy even more. I'm happy with this tune but I'm afraid that since now, when I'll listen to it, my mom souvenir will appear. But c'est la vie.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Well, of course now I understand you brother…, and the strong feelings in this song... I am very sorry for that Jopo. We all have to go one day. I'm sorry the process was so fast anyway. A big hug for you, even if I don’t know you!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*