Eventide H9000

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Eventide H9000

Post by braincell »

yayajohn

Re: Eventide H9000

Post by yayajohn »

is it $5k? That's $$$$
what's on the inside? DSP's?

I know they are really good but I wonder how the best effects of Scope compares to this?

Dante connection is pretty cool.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

yayajohn wrote:is it $5k? That's $$$$
what's on the inside? DSP's?

I know they are really good but I wonder how the best effects of Scope compares to this?

Dante connection is pretty cool.
More like $7000 and it has 16 DSPs.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Eventide fx are pretty great and they are only in the hardware. verbs and pitch are its strengths.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

garyb wrote:Eventide fx are pretty great and they are only in the hardware. verbs and pitch are its strengths.
Eventide has plugins to, but they sound like crap compared to the hardware :D .

Eventide do try to claim that the plugins are the same as the hardware's particular effects the plugins correspond to but I know this is not true cause the plugins sound pretty mediocre and not as good as the best of other Native plugins and SCOPE effects sound several orders of magnitude better IMO. Plus I heard a side-by-side comparison of the hardware's Blackhole reverb vs the plugin's while using the exact same presets and the plugin sounded very little like the hardware. Needless to say the hardware sounded much better.

Not only do they shamefully masquerade their mediocre plugins as the hardware equivalents but also have the nerve to demand a dongle be used with them, and even are a part of the Cloud-Subscription movement.

Eventide H8000 hardware sounds like heaven!! VERY clean and transparent and high-quality sounding effects, similar to Celmo's sound IMO. The hardware's software platform is definitly more sophisticated than other hardware effects units atleast those that I've seen and it allows for you to even develop your own unique effects. I've long wanted the older H8000. I definitely will be buying the new H9000 flagship hardware of Eventide one day, just have to wait till I win the lottery or some rich uncle dies and leaves me an inheritance :) ..
astroman

Post by astroman »

I have a good share of the classic Eventide algorithms (originally by Wave Mechanics now known as Soundtoys) on a bargain Pro Tools TDM system.
The 12 DSPs can feed a lot if instances/tracks and integrate well with Scope, either by the Digidesign Adat Bridge or with one of their converters.
Sound is excellent and adds a nice (different) color to Scope - but you have to dig OS9 Macs, though... :D

The routing setup is (practically) as flexible as Scope, just lacks the visuals - you use busses instead of virtual cables. It's one mega fx rack.

cheers, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

Even their stompboxes sound way better than their software. There will be an H9000R model which costs a couple thousand less but requires a computer (or tablet) to operate. Other than that it's the same thing.

Sold!

Also looking forward to having Dante Audio!