Overloud Mark Studio 2 - Amazing!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Overloud Mark Studio 2 - Amazing!

Post by Nestor »

As Ken suggested in the threat about Pianoteq 6, that VSIs are becoming better and better all the time, I can say the same about some specific VST effects and, in particular, about VST guitar and bass amps simulators.

The new Overloud Mark Studio 2 is in this order of things. It sounds truly amazing, like no other amp emulation ever build till this moment, it is simply the best in existence. As a bass player freak that I am, I get crazy about every virtual cabinet I hear of, so I try them all, be it amps and or effects created specifically for my instrument :D I can assure this is the best sounding amp ever created in the virtual world, no matter what platform we are talking about. This is already a lot to say!

You know how difficult it is to get this round, not muddy, tight, but at the same time, not too light or bright sound in the bass, cutting the exact amount of frequencies not to kill or derange other instruments in the mix or the bass itself, you know how difficult it is for a bass to go "hot and perfect" with the drums, building such a foundation that they seem to sound so tight they are one single instrument, so beautiful they match like butter onto a hot piece of bread! Well, you can, of course, achieve these kind of backgrounds but with a lot of work and to a certain extent only. In my case, because I don't have the fiscal equipment to do so, sometimes, the needed time and peace of mind to do it, and, of course, the needed knowledge either, because I am a musician, not an engineer. Nevertheless, this VST solved the problem for real :wink:

I am pretty surprised at the sounds achieved with Overloud Mark Studio 2, on the fly, sounds that truly give you a solid and fast foundation for all kind of styles. I feel so inspired when playing now, it makes you play without stop, and this is good already. How have they achieved it? I don't know, but the sound has the right amount of everything, every-time.

You get Nine cabinets, the: STD 151HR, STD 152HR, STD 104HR, STD 104HF, STD 106HF, Classic 108, Traveler 121H, New York 804, and New York 122. From all of them, I prefer, in most cases, the STD 104HR as the main one, and the STD 151HR as a second option, but they all are very useful depending on the kind of music you are doing.

It has 5 effects: octave, envelope filter, bass chorus, distortion and compressor. They ALL sound great! All of them! You get what you need, it is not an multi-pedal machine or something like that, it is for your bass to sound very professional, and it does it at perfection.

This is a fantastic achievement! :) Highly recommended!

https://www.overloud.com/products/mark-studio-2
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Marco

Re: Overloud Mark Studio 2 - Amazing!

Post by Marco »

Hi, this sounds great. Did you play this virtual effect by yourself? Or did you hear the demos? I know that slapping is often difficult for Plugins. I heard the demos, they sound great. I would only trust after playing by myself. Demo is great produced and played well. I am not sure if I was satisfied playing my bass with the latency problem. Because bass players must play as tight as possible.
I have no problems since using a real tube amp and a mesa cabinet and a microphone in front of it. As fx I use the Roland pedal me 50b. This ended my searching for the rest of my life. I simply found out that a simulation will sound like a simulation. But there are some good simulations out there. But I am tired of searching.
And yes, playing a loud bass requires a quiet place where you can live without nagging neighbors. This is a really good reason to use a simulation. And the cost of a simulation is less than a bad bass pedal.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Oh, yes, yes, I am using it right now! I do play things by myself, it is the only way to find out about something so “personal” as the sound of your instrument. The way people record is pretty different, so you cannot trust that the sound is going to be for you.

VSTis, are different, like say, Pianoteq or Keyskipe, because you can listen to the instruments exactly as they are going to sound in your own house. But a bass or a guitar, is a completely different approach. Your bass is “unique”, for a start, then the amount of input volume you use, your DI, or your preferred preamp used, whatever it is, there are too many things that will make your sound different, using the same pluging.

Yes, for slap, as well as for anything else, this amazing plugin sounds magnificent! One of the reasons I like it so much, is because it sounds alive and NATURAL, very natural.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Marco

Post by Marco »

Sounds good what you say. If I would not have the real thing here, I would try it out! I know there are a lot of possibilities to influence the sound into any direction you want. And it is more difficult to get a perfect sound with a simulation than with a real thing. I most times just plug in and record. Bassists do not really need many fx, most time I play dry, and the rest is up to your playing style. I have cheap and expensive basses, each one has its own argument to be good. So being able to be a good bass is difficult to judge, you like it or not, it's a matter of taste. If you like it, if it inspires you, it is the best for your person, no matter what others say.

And BTW, every Musican is proud of his own way to get his own personal sound, there is no standard. Musik is made to feel good. No religion can forbid, or sooner the religion dies.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!