MIO 2 From iConnectivity

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

MIO 2 From iConnectivity

Post by dawman »

Incredible MIDI Box.
I have Bomes's MIDI Box and it's Translator Pro software.
I also have a Source Audio Reflex Pedal.
But the best combination is MIO 2 and Reflex.
I'm shocked at the control I have, and how programmable this MIDI Rig is becoming.

Route anything, anywhere, like Scope.
Filter any Port in/out, controllers, messages, sysex, etc.
Perfect for Scope and external hardware.
Exceptional for live work.

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio2
85353DBB-25D0-49BF-9E4F-3521B1CA7DD3-25803-00004132D3656CE1.png
85353DBB-25D0-49BF-9E4F-3521B1CA7DD3-25803-00004132D3656CE1.png (612.86 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
D2108774-DE28-4000-B2AE-D8A94DD8F900-25803-00004132C24AD165.png
D2108774-DE28-4000-B2AE-D8A94DD8F900-25803-00004132C24AD165.png (756.62 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
jksuperstar

Re: MIO 2 From iConnectivity

Post by jksuperstar »

I have an iConnectivity MIDI4+ that'll likely be downgraded to a mio2. I'm glad to hear it is so useful, as the midi4+ has enough power to serve a much larger networked studio or full stage setup, and I just don't use even a quarter of it.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well I returned it.
No mention of their flawed editor.
After trying to apply Filters, routing and USB I gave up.

Back to simple reliable MIDI Solutions.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Great potential with this box once they get their editor sorted out.
I've got quite a few editors.
FS1r Editor was painful but good, Ambika was good too.
SE-02 is suppose to good and out soon.
Source Audio Reflex is good.

No reason this can't be fixed in the future...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote:Great potential with this box once they get their editor sorted out.
I've got quite a few editors.
FS1r Editor was painful but good, Ambika was good too.
SE-02 is suppose to good and out soon.
Source Audio Reflex is good.

No reason this can't be fixed in the future...
I waited ´til your comment about the iConnectivity since I had bookmarked one @Thomann for the case I´d need it.
Thx for the report!

Editors ...
Nice toys (requireing a computer).
I prefer handling hardware devices from their front panels.
My experience since the 80s is, software editors CAN be nice, but don´t have to ...
I avoid using software editors as much as I can, but accept using those occasionally when some special features aren´t available from the hardware´s frontpanel,- but then, I expect ´em to work flawlessly which they don´t.

In fact, it´s all a nitemare for the user, disburding the manufacturer from delivering a from frontpanel fully editable hardware unit.
Don´t buy !

Buy hardware when it´s fully functional w/o software.
When you have to use software, buy an app or any other software solution not needing any additional hardware.
Might be the same nitemare though, but cheaper or for free,- what these http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi are.

The by software or newer hardware products unbeatable MIDI processor and 8x8 routing matrix is a Miditemp PMM88E,- period.

It lacks USB and modern computer connectivity, but the feature set and it´s reliability is the best since the 90s !
There´s nothing out there doing this, you have to combine a dozen or more MIDI plugins to get the functionality, but then, the 8 TIGHT MIDI I/O ports, giving you 128 MIDI channels of INDIVIDUAL MIDI-processing in realtime, are missing,- and the remote controller w/ buttons, encoder and large display as well.

Just sayin´ ...

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
revel8or

Post by revel8or »

Sorry to dredge up an old topic.

I have an iConnectivity midi2+ with a lighting adaptor. It has *never* worked on either a Windows 7 or 10 build. The drivers and editor would install correctly, and when the midi2+ is (was) connected to the computer, the appropriate driver would load into Windows according to device manager. The problem would become that their own editor refused to handshake with the box. Support advised me to install the latest firmware, but this turned out to be an impossibility as it required the editor to communicate with the box.

Support has been rather good insomuch that they have been keeping me up to date with their progress in working out their bugs. As of today, perhaps yesterday, there is a new driver posted on their website, and a rewritten editor has been promised to be posted by 11/17 - so I’d give them another week ;)

As soon as it’s up, I’ll d/l everything and give it another whorl. I’ll also start another thread so as not to continue hijacking this one.
dawman

Post by dawman »

No please keep us posted.
I’ll change the thread title and we’ll make it a story with a happy ending.
Your incredible patience is impressive.
The guy at another forum who bull shitted me about stopped replying to 5 guys who were pretty pissed off.
He even put up fake Editor screensets and insisted we didn5 read the manual...

I’m ready to try one again even though I no longer need it, It’s a great tool if it would do as advertised.

Thanks..
revel8or

Post by revel8or »

I got around to installing the new drivers and control software this evening. It still comes back with the same communication error. Admin rights and multiple compatibility modes were tried...

I know it isn’t my rig. I can run SonicCore, Maschine, Ableton, and Serato - and my control synth communicates through Pulsar and Luna with my other outboard synths. Heck, an old Emu 2x2 usb MIDI interface is sometimes hooked up during this freak show of a system and it communicates sysex through Reaper while everything is running. (Sometimes a person needs to load some saved sounds into old synths,y’know).

So, I’ve checked everything. It’s really sad when a solution is practically guaranteed, but the same problem comes back and bites you in the butt.

I’m going to try a second windows 7 PC before I get upset, just in case.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

I wonder if their new software will change this mess around. The hardware certainly looks promising

https://www.iconnectivity.com/mioxl
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:07 pm I wonder if their new software will change this mess around. The hardware certainly looks promising

https://www.iconnectivity.com/mioxl
Ooops, they discontinued the Mio10 ... WTF.
Mio10 is what I bookmarked but didn´t need because of private circumctances up to now.
I´d prefer the Mio10 ´cause I don´t need that much USB ports.
In fact, the XL seems to be a crippled Mio10 because they sacrificed 4 physical MIDI In ports for more USB.
Now I also hate they only support Win10 + ...
Actually I have no intention upgrading OS (Win7 Pro x64) for DAW.
OTOH,- they support rtpMIDI which is still compatible w/ Win7 and 8 ...
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

The Auracle editor software was already available for the Mio10,- they replaced the old application w/ Auracle some time ago.
I wonder if it´s really necessary when using the interface via network since all the MIDI routing and processing can be realized inside DAW/ VST/AU host and/or SCOPE.
The 32-preset standalone solution is a joke when you cannot change presets via MIDI PrgChange commands and have to use the frontpanel instead.
I now guess the reason they only support Win10 now is because of their editor application.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

I got tired of all of these Turkeys and bought an 8 Port MIDI Device that also has 5 USB Ports.
valis

Post by valis »

My blokas midi hub will ship in February, will report when I get it.
David

Post by David »

bomebox recently updated to midi 2 spec but awaiting your report on blokas as that midi hub purports desirable connectivity :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Blokas looks awesome.
Bome Box with MIDI Translator Pro Projects and WiFi is so steep of a curve I barely use it.
It was for controlling drawbars, the old One knob several CC’#’s with various lag and curve modifiers, etc. trick.
Very difficult to comprehend, but Blokas advertises this so obviously streamlined.

An all hardware solution becomes easier with such devices.
A Gemini DSP Box with a blokas would be pretty powerful.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 pm I got tired of all of these Turkeys and bought an 8 Port MIDI Device that also has 5 USB Ports.
You mean the Physis K4 I guess ...

That´s great, but not available here w/o the EX expansion which makes it a slow-booting (90sec. !!!) machine unfortunately, makes it more expensive and you always feel the EX sounds aren´t the ones you want too.

iConnectivity Mio ##:

The posts above mentioning mediocre functional editor software are all 2017.
As I said, they came up w/ a different editor and the latest available Auracle (Win7,8.1,10_64Bit only) update is april 04/2019 !!!
Latest firmware update (for Mio10) was november 2018,- and for Mio2 november 2017 unfortunately which IS a difference !

Did you guys try the latest Auracle Editor version (04/2019) ever ???

To me that means they don´t leave Mio10 users in the dust editor wise.

Anyway ...
I tried ordering a Mio10 @Thomann and it´s already out of stock and will never come back.

I´ll now look elsewhere for a Mio10 and realization of network MIDI in my rooms.
I only read good stuff about rtpMIDI in that department,- much better reports when compared to Copperlan tests and user reviews.

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

BudW,...brotha of Michelobe.
I think you can buy the K4 part by part and build it yourself.
I was present when my service guy replaced the triple wheel assembly.
Its all plug and play, snap in this and that.
I cannot perform nearly as easy on any other system and decided to stock up on spare parts.
For under 2 large you can build one easily.
Ive got everything I need now plus spares.
I think they know this too because the two little wooden sides, and unnecessary strip that sits below the keys were a total of 700 dollars.
EX models are going used here for 2350 when they pop up.
First used K4 I see Im buying.
I want to use a gold and sliver metal flake paint job so under the light they reflect whatever color is used.
I be pimping mine but not until next summer.

My whole rig will be all white with gold and silver metal flake.
Maybe a couple dancing girls wearing metal flake painted bikinis.

Call the band XITE’d Ho’s.
After all Ill be in Vegas. No such thing as political correctness, and hate speech is known as comedy.
I thought Id retire in Tahoe but Vegas has summoned me.
So I got to make a splash, all my bros are there making bank too.

I figure 5 more years of making money, then some Liberal will be President and tell me how to walk, eat and shit, while taking my money. May as well go for it now.

Cheerz
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am BudW,...brotha of Michelobe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am I think you can buy the K4 part by part and build it yourself.
What ? :o

You think building my own instruments is my hobby ? :lol:

But just only by interest,- where to buy all the parts for a DIY ?
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am I was present when my service guy replaced the triple wheel assembly.
Its all plug and play, snap in this and that.
Yep, I think that´s a stock Fatar device like the dual wheel assembly is (and the action as well).
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am I cannot perform nearly as easy on any other system and decided to stock up on spare parts.
For under 2 large you can build one easily.
Ive got everything I need now plus spares.
I think they know this too because the two little wooden sides, and unnecessary strip that sits below the keys were a total of 700 dollars.
EX models are going used here for 2350 when they pop up.
Thomann sells K4EX for EUR 1.490,- incl. 19% VAT.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/stage_pianos. ... D=Viscount
I observe since some time and always hope for non-EX models popping up again.
Seems it´s kind of clearance sale, will possibly discontinued soon,- or they come up w/ something new,- in black I hope.

OTOH, I also scratched my head if there were a mod possible, user-deactivate/activate EX,- just to enable fast boot when necessary.
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am I want to use a gold and sliver metal flake paint job so under the light they reflect whatever color is used.
I be pimping mine but not until next summer.
I tell ya,- I really hate the blue color !
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am My whole rig will be all white with gold and silver metal flake.
Maybe a couple dancing girls wearing metal flake painted bikinis.
Why bikinis at all ? Weren´t the paint job good enough anyway ? :D
dawman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:15 am Cheerz
ditto

Bud
dawman

Post by dawman »

The blue is overlooked thanks to the functionality, but it is ugly.
Only thing worse is the PX-5S Orca the Whale Paint Job.
The Casio rep at KC hated me ever since for saying that. But I speak freely on the internet since nobody can punch you in the face.
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

dawman wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:51 am The blue is overlooked thanks to the functionality, but it is ugly.
Only thing worse is the PX-5S Orca the Whale Paint Job.
The Casio rep at KC hated me ever since for saying that. But I speak freely on the internet since nobody can punch you in the face.
That's because you don't use dumbells properly! :D If you did you would be able to be more respected fact-to-face. 8)
(Yes, I'm a 1,70m with 95Kg Bodybuilder)

;)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ive got dumbells, two jump ropes and a heavy bag next to my keyboards.
Been that way since I was a teenager.
Instead of releasing anger with my mouth, I use my forearms and legs.
I use to play classical, would get mad at myself for making mistakes.
Go kick the bag do a couple super sets. Eventually you play it correctly and you grew stronger during the process.

Ankyu