Hope everyone is fine after Irma over there!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Hope everyone is fine after Irma over there!

Post by Nestor »

*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Sounddesigner

Re: Hope everyone is fine after Irma over there!

Post by Sounddesigner »

Hurricane Irma has the potential of being one of the worst hurricanes of all time depending on how much damage it causes, it's very big,fast, and powerfull. Sadly it looks like it will hit multiple USA territories. We just had a hurricane named Harvey in Houston Texas that devastated that city and some surrounding cities and California is having its worst wildfire ever so mega disasters seem to be hitting us hard and continuously right now here in the USA. Houston has almost 3 million people and is our 4th largest city, a large part of the city was deep under water like a lake due to hurricane Harvey. Hopefully Irma weakens or dissipates before it hits Florida wich has another very large city Miami.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Barbuda! https://www.theguardian.com/world/video ... buda-video

Took a direct hit Tues night. Sustained winds 185kts(212mph/342kph)
Images are just starting to circulate.
Unlike the USA, there is no FEMA and no place to evacuate. I would expect that there were many deaths.
I have never visited Barbuda but I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and under the surface of glamorous resorts there are poverty stricken neighborhoods.
Back in 1996 the eye of hurricane Bertha went directly over my head in North Carolina. That was a CAT3. When a 115kt gust passed over me I crouched down and feared for my life. Can't imagine a 185kt. Btwn North Carolina and Louisiana I have experienced 6 other hurricanes. I now live in Tennessee. Hurricanes suck!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Sustained winds 185 kts is juts amazing!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

At this very moment Miami is immersed in the storm!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

One thing that is good is I think we have gotten smarter in dealing with Hurricanes. Both Federal and Local Governments really really screwed up with Hurricane Katrina many years ago with there bad decisions and untimely response. Over 1800 people died in Hurricane Katrina (only about 60 people died in the recent Harvey and Irma so far isn't really deadly in USA to my knowledhe - but the worst of Irma has not come yet either). Katrina hit very hard and left many without needed resources to survive and even led to a region devolving into complete lawlessness. Even many of the police that were suppose to protect people engaged in lawlessness and were going around even killing people for no good reasons (these bad police were later prosecuted) some police abandoned there jobs and just awoled/left and some that were of the National-Guard wich were present at a facility housing the victims of Katrina reportedly locked themselves in a room while rapes and other attacks were happening to civilians by gang members, etc. There was no one the victims of Katrina could trust not even the Police or National-Guard, even the Mayor of New Orleans was later indicted for brivery/corruption due to how he handled the money given to re-build. People needed proper food, water, shelter and protection but was not receiving it during Katrina. Katrina was one of the bad grades of the Bush Administration and is part of what really hurted President Bush's legacy. Trump seems to be determined to handle these current Hurricanes well and he knows if he doesn't the blame WILL fall on him. He's doing a good job so far.

Many Americans and foreigners like to move to those USA States and territories with Tropical and perennial sunny environments such as Florida, California, Puerto Rico, etc but that good weather they have is countered by the bad weather wich is natural disasters and other tragic events i.e. hurricanes, tornados, earthquacks, Wildfires, etc. To me all the good weather they have is countered by the bad and the high cost of living partly due to dealing with the bad. I would not want to live in fear like many residents in those States. I'm here in Milwaukee and it is pretty bullet-proof when it comes to natural disasters - meaning we don't have hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, Wildfires, etc. We can never really truly have a drout since we are right next to the Great Lakes :) (most Mid-West States are by the Great Lakes). We never have extreme weather catastrophes here in Milwaukee (never having such disasters could prove to be a bad thing as well since most people here may not know what to do if a disaster did strike). Mid-West States don't have year-round Tropical weather but I've come to like having 4 seasons and even winter has its benefits (such as with certain sports and cleansing the cities of unwanted bugs, etc). People really need to think long and hard about where they wish to live.

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Looks like Hurricane Irma has weakened and thus has been downgraded to only a Category 2. It shouldn't be that bad of a hurricane now despite earlier predictions of possibly being the all-time worst. These things have a element of unpredictability to them. Glad to see the hurricane Irma is weakening and may not be that bad after all.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I’m truly surprised at the power of the wind pushing the water miles and miles away into the see itself. I have seen pictures and videos of people walking into what it seemed to be an empty-of-water-shore… amazing! In Miami, this is the reason that helped, so far, to avoid houses being flooded.

Winds, nevertheless, are expected to grow in the following two to four hours. Let us cross our fingers!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Looks like Hurricane Irma has weakened again and is now only a Category 1 . Only 5 people dead from Irma, it's not good to hear about anyone dieing but atleast it's only 5 and not a very large number. I think great harm will be financially for the States affected and a little harm to the overall USA economy. But thankfully the number of deaths did not get very high even tho it was 5 more than we wanted.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Fortunately, all of this came to be half of the half of what it was expected :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

yayajohn wrote:Barbuda! https://www.theguardian.com/world/video ... buda-video

Took a direct hit Tues night. Sustained winds 185kts(212mph/342kph)
Images are just starting to circulate.
Unlike the USA, there is no FEMA and no place to evacuate. I would expect that there were many deaths.
I have never visited Barbuda but I have been to many islands in the Caribbean and under the surface of glamorous resorts there are poverty stricken neighborhoods.
Back in 1996 the eye of hurricane Bertha went directly over my head in North Carolina. That was a CAT3. When a 115kt gust passed over me I crouched down and feared for my life. Can't imagine a 185kt. Btwn North Carolina and Louisiana I have experienced 6 other hurricanes. I now live in Tennessee. Hurricanes suck!
I lived in Miami for 18 months, some while recording at old Criteria where Weather Report, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, and Claptons Ocean Blvd. we're recorded. Saw 2 Hurricanes.
One I took the advice of a Cuban friend and tied myself off to a tree with a few belts on Key Biscayne by Nixons house, and avoided debri that could cause damage to human tissue.
But that was awesome getting blown around in 110mph winds.

Damn near destroyed the city of Homestaed.
But to own a trailer or double wide in a Hurricane Prone area is really dumb.
I saw severe damage to all trailer parks.
Only houses worth keeping are on concrete stilts.

I'm back in Nevada with new synths.
I'm in shock at the amount of gigs, and really shocked at the sheer amount of fine looking women here.
Fuck the Hurricanes, fuck tornados and fuck dry counties and last call.
I can wake up at any hour, go buy some weed, have a Jager and just enjoy the scenery.

God Bless Nevada.
No fucking mosquitos or those billions of Cicedas keeping me up at night.
I bought 2 boxes of pre rolled Filter tipped death weed.

SE-02 and XITE-1 is so enjoyable.
It's rained here everyday too.
Global warming sucks, but if I'm to die let it be in Vegas.
It's already a furnace here so when the rest of the world is getting hit with heat waves, we don't even call it a heat wave until 115 degrees....

Did I mention the sheer amount of fine trim here is to die for.
The Jacuzzis at the gym are filled with fine ass chicks.

I ain't ever leaving.
Bury me bones in the dessert.....with my XITE-1.

Irma, Jose and Harvey suck.
You need to just split every time they have one.

What do Hurricanes have in common with women?

They come in fast and wet, then take your house and car when they leave.

Ankyu
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Now there's Hurricane Maria and it's in the Carribeans and headed twards Puerto Rico. Maria was just a Category 1 but has worked its way up to a Category 5 and going threw each rating quickly. Puerto Rico was just hit by Hurricane Irma so this may be their second hurricane disaster within a couple weeks time.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yet people don't believe something is wrong
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Now, an amazing earthquake in Puebla, Mexico, 7.1. Many buildings down and many more damaged, I have just learned about it, I have been working and didn't see any news until now:

http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/disas ... htm?page=2
garyb

Post by garyb »

scalar weapons and geo-engineering...

look, this Earth is wonderful, but it's very, very dangerous. bad, horrible things happen every generation, and even more often, and that's without any human help. all that can be done is bury the dead and clean the place up.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol:
So precisely explained....
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

So to say...
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Right now, category 4, María, Puerto Rico!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dawman wrote:
... really shocked at the sheer amount of fine looking women here.
I can wake up at any hour, go buy some weed, have a Jager and just enjoy the scenery.
I bought 2 boxes of pre rolled Filter tipped death weed.
Did I mention the sheer amount of fine trim here is to die for.
The Jacuzzis at the gym are filled with fine ass chicks.
What do Hurricanes have in common with women?
They come in fast and wet, then take your house and car when they leave.

Ankyu
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ankyu too !!!

:D

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

As far as I know (and I for sure am not a meteorologist :) ) there haven't been an upswing in the numbers of storms in general, they have just become stronger. As air gets hotter, it can hold more moisture. As it holds more moisture, it gathers more momentum, and if the surface it passes is hot, it has less resistance and keep the momentum going.

There are of course other factors as well, but basically (I am not going into a man made versus natural debate on global temps) if the temperature keeps rising, prepare for more of the same when it comes to hurricanes.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.