Hope everyone is fine after Irma over there!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Re: Hope everyone is fine after Irma over there!

Post by Nestor »

garyb wrote:i don't care if the poles shift. that is out of my control.

i guess "don't care" isn't the exactly correct wording, i'd rather not have a disaster of that magnitude, but it doesn't matter how worried or frightened i am about such an event. it's not worth consideration. if the world ends as i know it because of a cosmic event, then so be it. in the mean time, if a disaster strikes and i live through it, i'll be spending my time picking up the pieces.
I understand everything you say, but the point "it's not worth consideration", it is not my feeling. I don't say it is better, but I am naturally concerned, and I don't think it is useless either.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
garyb

Post by garyb »

ok. what is it that can be accomplished to avoid such a disaster?
what will worry remedy?

there are certainly bad things that people's attention is enough to fix. i'm all for fixing those things.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Fear, worry, anxiety, panic, etc., all these feelings are definitely not good for you, but they are within every one of us, they are part of our psychological nature and the interest it is in conquering them. What is great is to understand them, to dig them trying to know yourself, the way you are, because behind fear and such feelings there are many things you need to discover to grow as a person and be strong. The reasons or foundations of your fears will bring you face to face with yourself and your weaknesses, and the very philosophy you hold behind, be it right or wrong. I want to know which are these weaknesses within myself, so I can become stronger today than I was yesterday, and stronger tomorrow than I am today. At least, I want to try! I think this is something that it is worth the effort, absolutely.

For me life is not something automatic or mechanical, I think there is a meaning to be discovered to it, so there is “concern” in my heart about what is going on, naturally.

Worry will remedy nothing at all, you are so right. On the contrary, it will freeze your heart and make of you a miserable human being, but transcending worry could do a lot for you and for everyone around you.

Allow me to add this one:

“We have extensive scientific evidence that extreme events are increasing around the world, and will continue to increase as climate change gets worse,” said Noah Diffenbaugh, a professor of earth system science at Stanford University. “We see global-scale temperature increases. Global sea level is rising. The amount of heat and atmosphere and ocean is increasing. The amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is increasing. What we’re seeing as a result of those changes is an increase in not only the mean, but the tails of destructive weather events.”
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Looks like Tropical Storm Nate has become a hurricane, atleast in wind strenghth. Nate is getting more powerfull and about to hit part of Florida and New Orleans Luisianna. So the hurricane barrage/storm isn't over yet.

Some places have been hit by multiple hurricanes like Puerto Rico wich is completely destroyed right now. Puerto Rico has been left in complete ruins (my Stepfather from when I was a child is from there and lives there now so I do have extra worry). Puerto Rico was already bankrupt financially and owe over $70-billion to Creditors so they are not financially strong enough to deal with this type of disaster. I'm sure many Puerto Ricans will leave the island and come to the mainland of USA.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

It's a disaster... As Nibiru gets closer and closer to our solar system, we will see bigger and bigger earth disorders of enormous proportions.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Irma and her clan of other hurricanes may have left but Jack Frost and Old-Man-Winter have come with a vengeance and has been brutal and merciless on the US homeland. There has been a bitter cold arctic weather aberration sweeping the country. Many States like Wisconsin where I'm at has been sub-zero for many days. Parts of Canada are colder than Mars with temperatures at -20 degrees without wind-chill-factor :o . This deep freeze is contrary to Global-Warming Models but I sort of wish it wasn't :P - meaning it would be nice to have a warm winter like we had here in Wisconsin last year. Actially we had a prelude here in Wisconsjn with a really cool and rainy summer. So far it looks like we may have a record breaking winter on our hands, but hopefully not, and hope this is just a unusually bitter cold beginning.

EDITED
garyb

Post by garyb »

here in Washington State, it's a normal winter...
dawman

Post by dawman »

I’m wearing a Long sleeved Carhart shirt in Carson Valley. My new and final home.
I love self sufficient farming communities, nice snow melt rivers from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and eastern slopes of Lake Tahoe.
I’m finally settling down, no more traveling gigs unless I get mucho dinero.

Hope the weather gets warmer for my brothas back in New England and upper Midwest.
But you gotta love the ski season in Wisconsin right?

I think the west coast is going to get a big freeze in Janurary.
That’s according to the experts.
The only thing I miss about Vegas is the predictable hot and sunny weather 365/24/7....

If we are destined for death by extreme weather, I bet Solaris and the XITE-1 could be dug up by future geologists in the year 3500 and actually be worth something again....
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

garyb wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:34 pm here in Washington State, it's a normal winter...
That is a little odd, especially since the deep South has been hit with this cold weather and is about to be hit with unusual Snowy Winter storm - North Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. IIRC Texas has already been hit or is about to be hit with the colder temperatures. There has been records broken already i.e. Chicago had its coldest day on record for January 1st, a city in Pennsylvania had record snow fall at about 53 inches. A highway in florida i10 is shut down from freezing rain and ice, statues are frozen in Georgia and Carolina and schools are projected to be closed. There are places in the South that are 30 degrees below average. Only about 5 people are dead due to the deep-freeze tho.

Since you mentioned Washington State it made me think and I don't believe I heard anything about any West Coast State with regards to this deep freeze/Winter Storm, only East-Coast and Mid-West and South (and Canada). The deep freeze stretches far around the Country but misses some fortunate States. Consider yourselves the lucky :) .
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dawman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:09 pm
Hope the weather gets warmer for my brothas back in New England and upper Midwest.
But you gotta love the ski season in Wisconsin right?
I think the real tuff guy Winter sport is the Polar-Bear-Plunge :lol: . That's when people go jump in a lake during freezing cold weather. And some have done this during this deep freeze. I myself am of the faint-of-heart when it comes to this type of stuff, I prefer to be warm and at home :) .
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

At that point, I am sure the water is warmer than the air!
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

jksuperstar wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:45 am At that point, I am sure the water is warmer than the air!

:lol:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

what makes this weather difficult is that it takes a good long while for the car to warm up. I've gone to the car early to warm it up before picking up the wife and kids, but 5-10min doesn't even do anything. And the handle is so cold I need to wear gloves! But there is this sense of I'm not going to let this eff with what I'm doing so I just keep going. It gets tough on parents when brutal winter runs long, and I have to come up with tons of in door stuff for the kids to do for months and months.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Soundesigner, last year was the brutal one. this winter is mild. we have snow, but the temp has rarely gone below 30 degrees fahrenheit in the day. the last few days have been above freezing in the day, so i wear the same clothes i was wearing in Southern California, but with a long sleeve instead of a short sleeve shirt.

i think the jet stream being diverted via geo-engineering is a most likely culprit for strange weather patterns...well, that stuff is always pretty dynamic, anyway, and as Ken said, one has to get on with life, regardless.
valis

Post by valis »

While I don't disagree about geo-engineering (I grew up near the Air Force academy and we sponsored cadets, one of whom brought a book on it when he came for a weekend stay!), I think the global climate patterns are just changing too. When I look at the spinning weather patterns on computer models that show it as a spherical visualization, you can 'see' that the center of the 'top' has severely shifted towards greenland in the last 2 decades especially. So where the jet stream used to flow up from Japan and then down through Alaska and dump arctic air onto the west coast, it now goes OVER Alaska and dumps that same air into the midwest. This seems to have affected from there to the East Coast since that change occurred.

Since we have only 2 dates (post 911) to compare 'air traffic free' weather patterns to what we now see, the degree to which this change is natural versus artificial (versus *intentionally* artificial 'ala geoengineering) is hard to say without access to data which we don't have. What is easy to see however is the weather/cloud visualizations and how the west coast is losing the moisture content we once had. I have friends who moved up from N Cali for certain...operations...in the last decade because they knew this change was coming. Many wineries also invested in N. Oregon & S. Washington land to move vineyards north...and are now growing crops on par with what they used to do south of Chico in Cali.

Lastly, there is finally accepted scientific data on the 'plasma jets' and 'energy fields' that connect the planets and the sun for the first time I can recall. 10 years ago the 'electric universe' theory was just pseudoscience:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/mathematical-phys ... netic-rope
garyb

Post by garyb »

yep.
Marco

Post by Marco »

In Germany the the storm Burglind was rolling over Germoney, here in Heddesbach we had a lot of wind but we survived without real Destruktions
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!