Izotope Music Production Bundle 2

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Izotope Music Production Bundle 2

Post by braincell »

Downloading now for $299 (Upgrade from previous software). I could not resist. It's a 1 gigabyte download; a massive collection of software.
Sounddesigner

Re: Izotope Music Production Bundle 2

Post by Sounddesigner »

The Izotope Music Production Bundle is IMO the best Native bundle out there. Very complete bundle from creative effects to Mixing and Mastering processors to a very comprehensive Metering Suite to Codec Preview to their innovative Artificial-Intelligences in Neutron, etc.

Izotope are the kings when it comes to channel-strip designs, most of their plugins are very sophisticated multi-moduled channel-strips and the sophistication and gui lay-out and editing abilities of their channelstrips surpass everything out there. Channelstrips are their specialty and on a high level their alone.

The price to quality and quantity ratio is off the charts for Izotope plugins. I found the eq in Ozone extremely sophisticated and able to do things no other eq on the market can such as 'mixed-phase-mode', and a linear-phase-mode for the Dynamic-eq. I could talk for a while about Izotope's plugins sophistications and innovations but I'm sure you'll see for yourself wich is even better. Some of my favorites are Ozone 7 Advanced (wich is the Flagship), Nectar 2 production suite (vocals channel-strip), Neutron mixing channelstrip, Vocalsynth (Vocoder, compuvox, talk-box, harmonizor, etc, I've seen nothing else with all these different electronic voice effects in one plugin, only Vocalsynth, and there are very few Compuvox effects ('Linear Prediction Codec' effect) out there to my knowledge.).

Their Creative Bundle is worth checking out as well and has some nice and innovative plugins and modules such as Micro-Edit in Breaktweaker drum machine and Iris.

Izotope imo is a top-dog in Native world and in some areas of technologies they are there alone to my knowledge. When it comes to sophisticated channel-strip designs they are by far the best. They are definitely a company that thinks outside the box.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I've just been playing with it for a short while. It definitely can improve your sound with little effort. I will be using VocalSynth on saxophone. It tracks much better than a Harmonizer. The sound is not as rich but I think it makes up for that by having unique capabilities.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Izotope has just released a new Music Production Suite to replace the old Music Production Bundle 2. What's been upgraded is Ozone to version 8 and Neutron to version 2 and RX to version 6. These channel-strips are the most sophisticated channel-strips on the market and Izotope just made them even more sophisticated. Primarily upgraded the Artificial-intelligence where the channel-strips analyze tour music and then creates a customized preset for it (sort of does the Mixing for you, wich I'm not a big fan of this type stuff but the market seems to love this stuff so It's a good move on izotope's part), also the two plugins Ozone and Neutron can communicate with each other and other instances of itself for tandem editing and visualization.

There is also some new effects/processors algorithms such as Spectral-Shaping for Ozone Advanced 8 and a new Multiband Gate for Neutron 2. With these type plugins each new effect component added makes the whole far more powerfull. There is also a third plugin RX Standard wich is a noise reduction suite that has been upgraded to version 6.

The new Music Production Suite is not a 'must-buy-right-now' upgrade but I will be buying it later. I think it's the best bundle on the market, the most sophisticated, most innovative, powerfullest and has many really good sounding algorithms. Izotope has their own unique sound and are the most innovative and forward thinking company out here right now IMV. There channel-strips are basically effects/processor Workstations and not just simple channel-strips, and go far beyond any channel-strips of yesterday from both hardware and software domain, while defining the present and future of Digital ITB Channelstrips wich have morphed into Workstations.

The full list of features and capabilities of both upgraded channel-strips and other plugins in the bundle is far far to long to write, if someone is interested in finding out more just go to - http://www.izotope.com
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Here's some Youtube videos on Ozone 8 - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... pe+Ozone+8

Let me add that Ozone Advanced is not just a super channel-strip but you can also insert each module on their own in your DAW as a component plugin, and it is a stand-alone mastering editer. So it is all-in-one modular super-plugin and it is many individual component VST's and it is a stand-alone app. Overall it is VERY flexible.
braincell

Post by braincell »

There's a sale now if you login to your account and look at your coupons. Now they have so many versions and packs, it's getting confusing. They offered me a coupon for RX 6 which I already own. I would be pissed if I bought that again.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

braincell wrote:There's a sale now if you login to your account and look at your coupons. Now they have so many versions and packs, it's getting confusing. They offered me a coupon for RX 6 which I already own. I would be pissed if I bought that again.
You are right, it does look like the upgrade process will be very confusing for many people. I logged into my account and seen almost 20 different coupons offering upgrade paths for many different products (some were for products I don't even own and some appear to be duplicates). Izotope really should streamline and simplify their upgrade-paths and coupon scheme. I've read complaints from others about this very issue as well and it is definitely causing confusion. Those coupons have a upgrade path for every possible scenario one can think of, I guess izotope is determined 'to have something for everyone' :) .

I don't have the money right now for that level of a upgrade, it's not a 'must-buy-now' type of upgrade, but I will get it later. My coupons will have expired but that's irrelavent since izotope always have discount sales all threw-out the year. Izotope has also raised there prices wich is a little messed-up but companies always tend to do this as their products get better and more popular. The first version of Neutron wich was released last year appeared to have been a BIG success.

I'll accept the higher prices going forward long as Izotope keep improving their products in all the right ways, plus I prefer izotope business-model over most other Native companies. Izotope are very flexible with copy-protection and offer many different types to satisfy many different demographics plus they support multiple platforms and plugin formats. Izotope as far as I know were amongs the first to offer 64-bit O/S plugins but still offer 32bit O/S plugins for people like me and have not tried to force me to go 64-bit (recently Waves took my ability to activate my 32-bit plugin cause I refused to go 64-bit O/S, a plugin wich was and still is 32-bit and wich I bought for my 32-bit system when Waves-Central was compatible. But now Waves Central only Activate plugins on 64-bit systems even if the plugin is 32-bit.).

EDITED
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... cal-Bundle

Nectar 2 Production Suite: $120.00

Paid $60 with coupon plus got Halcyon and Overtone as freebies. WTH
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays