Waves SSL E Channel Sore D Deal

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Waves SSL E Channel Sore D Deal

Post by dante »

Since not mixing in XITE I have sorely missed the DAS C350 * but now that Reason accepts VST I picked up this for $30 bucks :

http://www.waves.com/plugins/ssl-e-channel

Seems in one sense redundant since the whole mixing desk in Reason is SSL but the waves plug models a bit more than the Reason SSL - so I loaded up the Lead Vocal preset and it adds a bit of Analog pizzazz in comparison to backing vocals running on the (non E version) Reason SSL.
Waves SSL Channel
Waves SSL Channel
ssl-e-channel.png (81.43 KiB) Viewed 5161 times
* Ref http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_06/das-c350.htm
Marco

Re: Waves SSL E Channel Sore D Deal

Post by Marco »

I'm a lucky man, I have the c350 in scope licensed. But I use often some outgear to get the killer sounds I wish. Vst is not the sexiest but it can work too.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I went for it but it demanded to upgrade my Waves Central ... now of all my Waves plugs its the only one that will load. Nice plug but $29 bucks cost me a so far unsolve-able problem. :-?
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's how it works.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

ronnie wrote:I went for it but it demanded to upgrade my Waves Central ... now of all my Waves plugs its the only one that will load. Nice plug but $29 bucks cost me a so far unsolve-able problem. :-?
Did you check your licences after upgrading? are all plugs still licenced to your computer?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yup. The new Waves Central is weird. It shows only two plugs in the Install screen (which get installed) and all the rest only show along with those in the local license screen. When I choose to install from online, they all show up and I click install, it does it's thing and it looks like everything gets installed. When I go to a DAW, only the SSL Strip and StudioRack are there! With GigPerformer those are the only two that will load, all the rest give a license not found. In Cantabile, they fail to load and even crash the host. They definitely changed something and there's now way to go back to the previous version of Waves Central because it checks for a newer version and forces an update. It sucks because I had a couple of projects using the CLA 2 and TruVerb on my native live laptop. I can use others, no big deal but I love to get WTF I paid for. In any case I don't use them on my Scope system, which I can ADAT to from the laptop in the studio, because as good as they are, I can get better sound from Scope, where I print everything through, replacing most of the native VSTs with Scope plugs. The CLA and Channel strip don't mean much because Scope has them all beat and I usually drop the native ones when I go to final mix and master. The only hassle sometimes is the automation, I have to remap the MIDI CC's and hope they stick in the presets. That's my biggest Scope problem.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
next to nothing

Thats weird. I just updated my Central and all plugs as well, but there were no problems with my licences, and all plugs showed up as normal in my daw... I might misunderstand you, but there is no licences in "My licence cloud"? if they are, they need to be sent to your daw computer...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I figured it out. Waves Central uses the MAC address of the network card (stored on the Waves site). When I disabled all the network interfaces and enabled one by one, when I hit the right one by itself, my current 500GB SSD drive where the licenses were installed showed up as disconnected, but's that where all the licenses were! So... I moved them to the cloud and then sent them to the original 120GB SSD, where they were before I replaced the drive, but Waves Central thinks it's still there. Waves Central is totally confused. I actually sent them to the new 500GB which Waves thinks is the old replaced 120GB. I now have everything back with some "social engineering" pulled on Waves Central. What a fucking mess these protection schemes are. Waves should know better. People upgrade their local drives all the time. I guarantee, from the posts I've read, because of this and the lack of support from Waves, many people bailed. At least I can load my live native projects again. Thumb nose at Waves. As one my favorite piano players, Chico Marx, used to say to the orchestra, "Beat you that time!" Buh da Bum.... Bing.
garyb

Post by garyb »

good job!
next to nothing

Good thing you got it working again. :)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

8)
braincell

Post by braincell »

I have SSL Alpha Channel.
dante

Post by dante »

For comparison purposes I also got the Waves Neve channel since it as only about $50 bucks AUS - although it looks a little worn out :
Waves Neve
Waves Neve
scheps-73.png (538.1 KiB) Viewed 5015 times
I also had issue with Waves Central, until I worked out it didn't download properly a few times :)

This is the kind of issue where Propellerheads have really nailed making seamless licensing / download... I mean what other DAW allows 1 click update of all your plugins.
Sync All
Sync All
sync-all.jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
This activates a small app on your computer that shows download progress for each individual Rack Extension as it updates.
Last edited by dante on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Interesting, I discovered last week my Waves vst's don't load when I disable my ethernet adapter.
Is internet required now every time you load them?
If so then that really sucks for them to do that.
dante

Post by dante »

My Waves plugs still work even when network unplugged.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

The original network card of the original install must be in the machine and enabled but an active connection is not required. Who thinks up this stuff?
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Ok well that's good news I guess. I will have to figure out what's up because I haven't changed anything.
Thanks guys
Marco

Post by Marco »

This photo realistic graphic design is so Phantastic nowadays, but close your eyes and listen to what you hear? Are you shure the sound is better than 10 years ago when the graphics looked like a computer animated picture?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

yayajohn wrote:Ok well that's good news I guess. I will have to figure out what's up because I haven't changed anything.
Thanks guys
Just move the licenses to the cloud and then send them back to where you want them local. That should fix it. The new Waves Central update f's things up so run the newest and then do the procedure. Lemme know how it works out.

This is from Waves Support:

Waves Central identifies a computer according to it's physical Ethernet port.
Since the Ethernet port is connected to the Windows mother board, as long as the motherboard is intact, the MAC address wouldn't change unless the related LAN port was disabled.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Thanks ronnie I will try that