New ScopeRise Article - Reason and Scope

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Re: New ScopeRise Article - Reason and Scope

Post by Marco »

You guys are really some really cool virtual guitar rig players. I really wonder your work. I'm older and there was a time when I was recording without any computer, only with the 4 track cassette fostex and a Fender tremolux tube amp, and a Marshall 800 I played the Metallica like stuff with a drum computer alesis HR 16. Later I had an Atari 1024 and a synchronizer and my DX7ii!

I have always had to produce a guitar sound with my guitar and the amp. There wasn't very much to bend with EQ compression or any other effects, because I didn't have it.

This was a good exercise to produce a good guitar sound live, and not in the mix.

Now when I look today, I still have the same, there is a Alesis D5, a Tx802, the Marshall, Fender and Mesa.... That all is in the center, and there is scope at 44,1khz and the VST world added.

The trick is, that I don't need any simulation, because simulations are not real. And so I keep my old stuff and enjoy. It is the equipment I grew up with. When I play guitar simulations I can't do that what I want to. If somebody grew up with the simulation, it is maybe better to keep the simulations at 96 khz.

So still today I record the guitar with less manipulations as possible in the mix. There are a lot of old school tricks from the 80ties I still use with the scope mixers. But this is not very special.

I manipulate the sound with different microphones and microphone positioning tricks. And I have different cabinets and a extra room with sound absorbers to manipulate the coolest guitar sound ever. Sometimes I call my friend to turn the microphone 7 degrees into the other direction....

And there are many guitar effects pedals, I can't add them after recording, no you must know what you want. Or record again, no problem, today there is no cassette each record try making your sound more and more problematic.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

anabella wrote:You guys are really some really cool virtual guitar rig players. I really wonder your work. I'm older and there was a time when I was recording without any computer, only with the 4 track cassette fostex and a Fender tremolux tube amp, and a Marshall 800 I played the Metallica like stuff with a drum computer alesis HR 16. Later I had an Atari 1024 and a synchronizer and my DX7ii! .
you're older ? Are u sure ? You had a DX7ii - I had a DX7 original with a 4 digit serial number when I was about 25....
Last edited by dante on Fri May 12, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Okay you are maybe a little bit older.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

lol :)
Marco

Post by Marco »

Virtual Guitar player vs old school guitars, who rip it?
dante

Post by dante »

AC/DC !
Marco

Post by Marco »

High power voltage or high end data simulations, what is your choice?
Marco

Post by Marco »

You can build a box around the cabinet with carpet inside to kill unwanted reflections and insert the microphone inside and connect to scope with a preamp. Then close the box an pump the volume. This will work perfect!
dante

Post by dante »

Nah I stick to ones and zeros for the time being, I don't own an amp or a cab And besides my guitar chops a bit limited. I leave real rigs to those that can play properly and justify the spend !
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dante wrote:All good stuff. I am now sitting on 499 tracks on the big restoration project. Once I get to 500 I might take the pedal off the gas and do a couple more one-off Scoperisd articles- the next one being how to get great guitar sounds on DAW.

I think there are 3 important stages - pre-amp => amp => cab. Real hardware on pre-amp and followed by virtual plugs for amp and cab seem to be the way to go ! I wonder if MOJO works @ 96khz - might be worth exploring ....
A Scoperise about guitars in a DAW? Wow, that’s an excellent topic that many would love to read, including me first.

Mojo from Adern? Well, look, this is one of the VERY BEST plugins for Scope ever made! You can achive very good sounds with many VST amp simulators today, very pleasant sounds and all, you can create sounds that no real amp would ever be capable of doing too, so this is great, but if you like PURE genuine cabinet sound, you should go with Mojo, no possible repentance with it! For me, the most loved piece of hardware for guitar is this Cornford cabinet:

Well, if you want this real sound, there is no virtual emulation closer to it than Adern Mojo, buy it with closed eyes, pure perfect sound and joy with it, guaranteed! :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hey dante, are you the webmaster of scope rise? Do you want to add a new topic about scope guitar Amps and real Amps? I play for you some crazy guitar high skilled stuff with different configurations and answer questions in a interview style! If you like. The good is, I have all scope amps licensed. I can play same guitar and licks with different amps preamplifier for Scope etc. Let's test the best.
dante

Post by dante »

@Nestor / Marco. Sute we can make an article on this. Im going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks. Ill start on it when I get back.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Well..., now that we are at it, I let you know I am in fact, Elizabeth :lol:

Just kiddinf of course. You Marco bitch, you've got our attention and special respect for a long time because of your status... :D You are one of a kind! Anyway, Anabella was the "only" woman in the Z, and it was kind of cool because we did not insult because of that... :P What will happen now that you are not a woman anymore? :lol:
Marco

Post by Marco »

I guess no one believed that I am a woman. It is to unusual. Girls play only dreamy lovesongs with acoustic guitars and thier boyfriend connects all the cables from the guitar to the mixer and operate the mixer and make the sound engeerings. They would never use scope. Most boys are girls and sell their scope because they think it is to complicated. They need a VST world and a sequencer where everything is going in fixed ways without any flexibility. No no no my freaky style style is to male. And there was not much more attention. All girls are girls, most of them have more interest in sewing cooking or gardening. My acting was 100% male.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

If I was a guitar or bass player, I think I would spend hours, days, months, years to play chapman stick ! It is really the instrument that fit to what I love : percussions + bass + chord & melody all together. Sublime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rLsSfd67qE
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
RA

Post by RA »

Looking forward for such an article dante...and enjoy your holiday!
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Marco wrote:I guess no one believed that I am a woman. It is to unusual. Girls play only dreamy lovesongs with acoustic guitars and thier boyfriend connects all the cables from the guitar to the mixer and operate the mixer and make the sound engeerings. They would never use scope. Most boys are girls and sell their scope because they think it is to complicated. They need a VST world and a sequencer where everything is going in fixed ways without any flexibility. No no no my freaky style style is to male. And there was not much more attention. All girls are girls, most of them have more interest in sewing cooking or gardening. My acting was 100% male.

Wow! You went from one extreme to the other man, common! :lol: Women can be as capable as any man, I assure you that! Women are “feminine” but not stupid, there are great players and great engineers too. Now I really hope no women would read what you have written here, they will kill you! :P

Now, I have a question: which is the unfortunate girl you have impersonated using a picture as being you?
Marco

Post by Marco »

Women are not stupid because they act like a woman. I would not like to have a male acting woman will muscles and hear on the breast. I talked about the mass of women, not a special woman with special interests. I really mean the average woman.

BTW it is a Google woman unknown....
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Wow