Wich headphones

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ta7

Wich headphones

Post by ta7 »

Hi there. I got shures se215 and love them so much. Very crisp sound. But my ears do not respont to the in ears. They start after some minutes to hurt.
Does anybody know a alternative closed mobile headphone for about 70€ that sounding near like the se215?

Thanks alot.
Tomas
astroman

Re: Wich headphones

Post by astroman »

iirc I once tested this model, very (!) precise and certainly a great live monitor with focus on essentiel frequencies.
But no way to be used in the full range domain, mixing etc.
If you're looking for an 'extend' version with a similiar mid pronounciation it may become expensive. I have no idea for a proper substitute...
(using Sennheiser IE4 myself which sound nice, but lack the clearity you mention - and are a hell of cable movement sound)
The latter is a feature that may easily slip through while first testing but becomes a permanent annoyment later.

cheers, Tom
ta7

Post by ta7 »

Hi Astroman. Thanks for your answer.
My English is not the best. What i mean is, i want a closed headphone for listening music. Not for mixing or monitoring. So i am looking for a headphone not in ear wich got a similar sound like the se215.
A one wich comes near is the Marshall majorII.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

You could go with a Sennheiser HD 200 PRO, that would be more and less an equivalent of what you want, they are very nice for many reasons, which are long to explain here. This is a serious contender, no matter what you want or need in this price. You can get them blind.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD200Pro
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
astroman

Post by astroman »

sorry for misunderstanding...
I swear on old AKG K501, 601,701 which I usually buy 2nd hand and replace the earpads
(the parts have identical size and connectors, I prefer 601 pads)
These parts are quite expensive, but you get a very decent piece of gear that way for about 1/3 of the original price.
K501 and 601 are always 'classic', but with 701 they had a 2nd series that got extra bass to make it more pleasing to a more beat oriented audience instead of the hifi enthusiasts.

cheers, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

Nestor wrote:You could go with a Sennheiser HD 200 PRO, that would be more and less an equivalent of what you want, they are very nice for many reasons, which are long to explain here. This is a serious contender, no matter what you want or need in this price. You can get them blind.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD200Pro

The Sennheiser HD 280 Pro would be better for mixing because they are flat.
Secret Test Kitchen

Post by Secret Test Kitchen »

The best closed headphones I've ever used are Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro. They are for drummers to hear while recording. You won't hear much else in your surroundings while you are using them and also people won't hear too much of your music either while you are using them. I also have the consumer hi fi 600 ohm version (Beyerdynamic DT-770) which I use most of the time now. They have been discontinued so they might be hard to find. They're about the same as the pro version but more comfortable to wear.
dawman

Post by dawman »

JHAudio
Vented IEMs
12 way drivers each side.

For stage.
Personal listening.
Mixing.

Everything on a pro level.

You got one set of ears.
Treat them right.
petal

Post by petal »

I am also a Beyerdynamics believer - I used AKG 702 for years, but then I tried the Beyerdynamics, lusted for them for a while. Now I have 2 pairs, one for the homestudio and a pair for work. I can wear them all day long without problems.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_ ... arch_prv_0
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

What about Sony MDR-7506?
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

+1 for the Sony MDR-7506's. They're classics. I've had a few sets over the years.
guppy

Post by guppy »

The Sony MDR-7506 sounds very crispy and agressive to me, but it is used as a standard, like NS10.
I'm using a shure SRH840, the sound is very smooth and well balanced, but not punchyas the Sennheiser HD25 that my drummer is using . the SRH840 is much more well balanced but less closed thean HD25.