Waldorf Quantum

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Waldorf Quantum

Post by petal »

The name is kinda already taken - but other wise it looks very interesting :)

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/04/ ... brid-poly/
Sounddesigner

Re: Waldorf Quantum

Post by Sounddesigner »

Oh wow. Looks like a tit-for-tat. John Bowen copied Waldorf by emulating their synth and now it seems Waldorf has returned the favor by copying John Bowen's synth name 'Quantum'.

But it might just look that way cause actually Waldorf may not have set out to copy, I'm just saying how it appears on the surface.

The Waldorf Quantum sounds good but so far I have not heard any 'magic' to its sound. It will cost over $3000 and doesn't really sound special to me. JMHO .
petal

Post by petal »

It doesn't have the same architecture as the Quantum Wave, so my guess is that it pure coincidence :)

I've been looking to buy a new analogue synth with a lot of knobs (God damn the midi-cc bug in Scope!) with a quality 5 octave keyboard for a while, because it's going to double as my master keyboard.
The DSI Prophet 6 sounded really good in my ears and it was fun fooling around with, but god damn the 4 octave trend! I might go for the new Prophet 8.

This one looks interesting to me, but I wont know until I've had my own hands on it and my ears in it.

Also 3K something is a lot of money!
Marco

Post by Marco »

This Quantum has a quantum copy of waldorf plugins like Nave in its home. So I guess, it is nothing but sexy hardware piece for 3000 Euros, rest im peace - not for me. What do I else need, I have scope and a lot of Hardware synths and a grand piano. What else do you need.
No Quantum is boring for me. I finished searching for a long time. But yes there is a deep mind 12 by Behringer, maybe I bite the worm.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
valis

Post by valis »

I have a buddy that is a massive roland fan, and he sold a good deal of his roland kit to replace with a deepmind 12. He's quite happy...
braincell

Post by braincell »

I like Doepfer, Moog and Aurturia more.
Marco

Post by Marco »

The Analog wins, no wonder. Your buddy did it logical.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!