RIP Chuck Berry : legend and pioneer of early Rock

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

RIP Chuck Berry : legend and pioneer of early Rock

Post by Sounddesigner »

I know many of the younger generations know nothing about him or his contributions but much of their favorite music of today such as rock grew from what Chuck Berry and a few others of his generation did, i.e. Rock N Roll. Chuck Berry is one of the founding fathers of Rock N Roll and is credited with bringing guitar to Rock (but I think IKe Turner may have beat him by a few years with his song Rocket 88 wich some believe to be the very first Rock n Roll song ever, but the guitar was a constant with Chuck Berry who played it well). Whatever the case, Chuck Berry was definitely a legend and one of the most influential music artists of last century and really helped define, grow and spread Rock N Roll wich much modern music grew from such as modern Rock. He lived a long life since he died at 90 years old.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nestor

Re: RIP Chuck Berry : legend and pioneer of early Rock

Post by Nestor »

Yeah, :) and he is a lot of fun to watch too in the few videos you can still get. No doubt he is a pioneer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROwVrF0Ceg
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Marco

Post by Marco »

It is sad but true, the older you are, the more legends are going. Now it has happened again. R. I. P.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Chuck Berry turned us kids onto free concerts at his farm in Wentzville.
We were 12 years old and got to see Earl Grant, Howlin' Wolf, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Billy Peek, and on and on every summer.
Saw him several times and can't remember ever seeing so many smiles at a concert except maybe when Micheal Jackson Moonwalked during the Victory Tour.

P.S.

M. Jacksons marriage to Elvis daughter was always kind of special too.
Sad when they broke up.

There was a big misunderstanding when he said he wanted kids....

Ankyu
dante

Post by dante »

That was funny the first time.

Now Chucky can release his new album 'Chuck' - RIP.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'm friends with his daughter.
Great singer, plays good Harp too.
There's lots of stuff, the guy recorded all the time.

Talk about Tina and others holding a big bash at Forest Park.
Ive been asked to play with a local band, and one of the Rock Gods I work with has been contacted too.
I've had several double headers before, but never a hat trick (3 gigs at one venue).
Figures I wouldn't make a dime as it's a benefit.
But what an honorable cause.

Hopefully I'll score some trim.
dante

Post by dante »

...and something from Johnny R 8) :lol:
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Nestor wrote:Yeah, :) and he is a lot of fun to watch too in the few videos you can still get. No doubt he is a pioneer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROwVrF0Ceg
Chuck Berry's song you linked to 'Johnny B Good' is nice. I also like 'Sweet little sixteen' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLV4NGpoy_E

And 'School Days' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d1mZJsZGXg

Both of those are sung live.

Today's music including 2000's and 2010's have nothing innovative, or special to it that I've heard.
The 1950's had revolutionary and innovative music such as Rock n Roll and Doo-Wop wich were born in that era. And many decades after the 1950's had there innovations and evolutions in music that were special such as the 1960's had the evolution of Rock N Roll into 'Rock' and it's many new sub-genre's, and also Funk music was invented in the 1960's. Plus the 1960's had Motown and its lovely sound and the British-invasion.

The 1970's had its innovations such as the birth of Disco and the birth of Rap music. In the 1980's synth music went to another level (synth rock, pop and dance) and many new sub-genres were created such as Electro, Techno and House music and here in the US we had the birth of "The Box" music channel in the 1980's. In the 1990's The Box did something innovative by allowing listeners to call in and purchase the video's they wanted played. Plus the 1990's seen more dramatic growth of Urban Music worldwide (Rap, R&B, etc) and several new sub-genres. Much of the music of the 1990's was special as well.

What do we have that's innovative and special for the 2000's and 2010's? There was revolutionary and innovative stuff being done from 1950's thru 1990's and each of those decades had their own sound that was special. Today the audio quality sounds horrible and 'over-produced' and the songs (singing, melodies, lyrics, etc) have nothing potent or new to them. Today's horrible music makes the death of legends even sadder. I've been waiting for this long nightmare with todays music to end but am still stuck in this long sleep being haunted.