Behringer Minimoog

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Re: Behringer Minimoog

Post by petal »

anabella wrote:If this model d sends Midi control out then you can abuse it as a nice controller for the Minimax! And others.....
Yes - but only if the midi-preset/cc bug in Scope were to be fixed.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I give up hope that this will ever be repaired. I guess there is a possibility to save I Sdk a device with fixed CC values, and that's really a good way, but I never tried.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
petal

Post by petal »

Without this particular bug fixed, you will not be able to use any controller efficiently (save and load projects - and the project is fucked) with the affected devices in Scope, which is most of them.

You cannot use the SDK to save the device with the needed fixes CC's, because most of them are locked devices. It has been tried and it failed.

I'm on this bug like a hawk, because it's a major show stopper, if you want to use external controllers with Scope.

I love Scope - but on this particular really really old bug, I need a promise, that it will be fixed in the next future version of Scope, which I'm positive that we are gonna see soon ;) before I stop my pointing it out at every single occasion I come across - Scope + Push a wet dream...
petal

Post by petal »

Mind you, that any cc-assignment made on affected controllers, will fuck up how the synth work and it will sound wrong upon reload, if you save and load a project/synth with cc's assigned. That means, no automation from a DAW on that particular controller on that particular synth is possible, unless you are a really hardcore "one take"/"Session" musician.

So far I've only come across third party devices that seemed to be working correctly on all controllers.

I guess my point really is this. It is not a minor bug - the bug prevents total recall of a project/synth + you daw of choice, if you use cc-automation with standard Scope synths - which is one of the core ideas of Scope.
Last edited by petal on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marco

Post by Marco »

This is qiute a shame, I think!
If new devices work correctly, then it depends on the device its self???

And scope is maybe okay? :-?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

anabella wrote:If this model d sends Midi control out then you can abuse it as a nice controller for the Minimax! And others.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creamware-Minim ... 2423140253 :wink: