Behringer Minimoog

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

pastor

Behringer Minimoog

Post by pastor »

Still haven't bought my DeepMind, and now they are planning to release their minimoog model D clone at $400 ...What a time to be alive.
moog.jpg
moog.jpg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-an ... el-d-synth
Marco

Re: Behringer Minimoog

Post by Marco »

Fake! :o no it is true. I love behringer for this
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well I really wish Behringer well on this one. The Deepmind sounds like an amazing synth for the price. Not sure if this is a good move on their part though. Back in Feb I toured the Moog factory in Asheville, NC and at the store front you can play around with most of the products. I tried the Sub Phatty, Sub 37, the Voyager and some others; all great synths and excellent sound but the one synth that really knocked my socks off was the MiniMoog Model D. I asked the tour guide why that synth sounded so different and large and his reply was that it wasn't just a remake, it was the exact same product with some new enhancements. They have gone through extensive measures to seek out the exact same parts that they used on the original, especially parts that might change the sound if they used a newer replacement part. Granted some substitutes had to be used but most of the synth is the real deal. Forget the specs though, try it if you get the chance, your ears don't lie.

Now getting back to Behringer, I think they should have gone with another polysynth, maybe a full sized workstation analog or Oberheim style or hey why not a recreation of the yamaha CS-80!!!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Uli is the unloved Robinhood for musicians. I love him for his mission!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Time for another Sonic-Core vs. Behringer vs old Moog D vs new Moog D comparison video....
Marco

Post by Marco »

You cannot mistake when you own them all 4, then you are on the secured side :D
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

jksuperstar wrote:Time for another Sonic-Core vs. Behringer vs old Moog D vs new Moog D comparison video....

Yeah I guess that's what the cork sniffers would do eh?
Either way I won't be buying a MiniMoog D anytime soon but I think my point previously was that if you're not going to buy the real thing then there are lots of clones out there and if I was in the market for an analog style mono synth there would be many choices besides the Behringer to compare, so I just don't understand why they chose that for their next move when the Deepmind 12 seems to be such a success. I would have expected the Deepmind in a desktop version or how about putting that synth into Eurocrack format?
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

Whatever happened to their ARP Odyssey knock off? Weren't they going to do that?

I had a real vintage Mininmoog in the late 90's early 2000's. I sold it to buy a Scope Card. After I tried the Scope Mini, which to my ears (still) is a direct replacement for the hardware, I sold all my other gear for two more Scope cards. No looking back for me.

It's funny, people in fashion say the 80's are out and now the 90's are in. I guess everybody will want vintage synths again (or copies if they can't afford the originals). That's certainly how I spent the 90's.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

53E7 wrote:Whatever happened to their ARP Odyssey knock off? Weren't they going to do that?
There was the Korg Arp Odyssey reissue that already costed £6-500, then they focussed to a Juno 106 on steroids.
I really hoped for that Behringer ARP version because, just like for this Mini, they planned a full midi CC compatibility, that would be awesome for us PanetZters!!!

I guess that alla of this "analog" fashion of today is basically about the missing link between the sound and the human hand.
I absolutely love my Scope synths, but having a proper midi controller, with the complete synth layout reproduction on it, would be awesome.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pastor

Post by pastor »

53E7 wrote:Whatever happened to their ARP Odyssey knock off? Weren't they going to do that?
From Gearslutz, yesterday:
"Aside from the Oscar synth, I can confirm that the 2600 is high on our priority list as it is a truly remarkable synth; I always wanted one for myself:-)

We are currently trying to acquire an original unit for benchmark purposes.

We hope we will be able to show you a first design draft within the next few weeks, while we're studying the circuit diagrams to provide you with an estimated retail price.

Once ready we will reach out to you to see if there is enough interest.

Uli"

:)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I'd like a Behringerheim 24.
That way I get Quad stack of 6 voices.
Could be a fattie.
valis

Post by valis »

Behringerheim 24 lol...

Maybe this should be called a MiniUlli...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote:Behringerheim 24 lol...

Maybe this should be called a MiniUlli...
I´d find "BehriMini" and "Ulliheim" much more efficient in advertisement.

:)
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
pastor

Post by pastor »

überheim has a nice ring to it :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah it does.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

jksuperstar wrote:Time for another Sonic-Core vs. Behringer vs old Moog D vs new Moog D comparison video....
Here's one for ya jk!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... -shootout/
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

So looks like it will be a reality. Will be interesting to see how it matches up with the Arturia and other similiar products

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... s-on-demo/
Marco

Post by Marco »

If this model d sends Midi control out then you can abuse it as a nice controller for the Minimax! And others.....