NI Lifts Kontakt Window Size Restriction

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

NI Lifts Kontakt Window Size Restriction

Post by braincell »

I am glad the size restriction is now gone! I hope software programmers will use larger fonts now!
dawman

Re: NI Lifts Kontakt Window Size Restriction

Post by dawman »

Great news.
u-He has nice percentages to resize, and Bidule.
But Spectrasonics and NI were always a PITA.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Alleluia! I couldn’t agree more with this one Brain! In fact, everything should be resizable in every box available. Sometimes you open a secondary box (for instance in Sound Forge it is this way as far as I remember), to tick or untick the vst plugins you want to load along with the program, and you are in front of a ridiculously small rectangle you have to constantly scroll up and down and it is time consuming an a bit confusing too.

For the sake of aesthetics in most cases, software developers don’t want to allow these kind of windows to be freely resizable, because their software may look ugly, but we are now grown up boys in this world and software is old enough to let it be the way we all need.

They could simply keep locked the way the amplification of the box takes as a shape while resizing, but it would be really helpful if every single box of any kind was resizable and with a memory of the last zise so you don't need to resize it over and over again, that is true. It would make our daily work easier in many cases. After all, what is seen as a necessary cosmetic restriction it is in fact the lost of an important resource.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I already have some large size GUIs. Is this different to your announcement?
braincell

Post by braincell »

I don't know if it's resizeable. I read they are allowing the engineers to make it any size they want.