I played the MatrixBrute

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

I played the MatrixBrute

Post by braincell »

I got to play on the brand new Arturia Matrixbrute analog synthesizer. It has literally hundreds of knobs and buttons. It's huge and it has wood! So much fun to play. Still has that new synthesizer smell and only $2,000. Must have. The matrix is rows upon rows of tiny soft buttons that light up either red or blue depending on function. Some of the knobs such as the 4 assignable ones to the left of the keyboard are ultra smooth to turn. The wood and the whole thing is so beautiful and so massive. If you need glasses, you will definitely have to wear them to read the writing on the very tiny sharp screen and on the matrix row labels.
Marco

Re: I played the MatrixBrute

Post by Marco »

This synth is a crazy thing. For crazy enthusiasts.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
braincell

Post by braincell »

anabella wrote:This synth is a crazy thing. For crazy enthusiasts.

Guilty as charged!
dawman

Post by dawman »

If you get that ECS Looped E.G. part Pete Townsend got on Baba O'Riley Ill kiss your ass.

I spent days getting close using Looping EGs on Zebra2 HZ.
It works well enough where I can play it with the RH and use 3 zones in the LH for octaves and triad piano parts.

#Not My Synthesizer
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm just going to make a bunch of noise.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Just got to try one of these the other day. WOW! :o
Awesome huge sound and very user friendly. $2k price tag is steep though compared to what's been coming out lately.
Wonder how it stacks up against the SE-02 and the Uli-moog? Although I do realize it wouldn't be an apple to apples comparison because the Arturia is a lot more of a complex synth than those two.
braincell

Post by braincell »

yayajohn wrote:Just got to try one of these the other day. WOW! :o
Awesome huge sound and very user friendly. $2k price tag is steep though compared to what's been coming out lately.
Wonder how it stacks up against the SE-02 and the Uli-moog? Although I do realize it wouldn't be an apple to apples comparison because the Arturia is a lot more of a complex synth than those two.

The Matrixbrute is so different sounding, I would not compare it to the synthesizers you mentioned. I don't think the Behringer D is as good as the SE-02.