Behringer Motor 49 & Scope

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Behringer Motor 49 & Scope

Post by ronnie »

I remember back when I was using a BCF-2000 with Scope and it worked, as I recall, both ways with the faders moving. For the life of me I cannot get the Motor 49 happening that way. I'm just talking regular mixers like STMs not BC Modular. Can anybody point me in the right direction. It took me 3 f-ing hours to get it to work with Sonar and it still won't bank switch beyond the first 8 faders. If I don't get this to work, it's going on ebay for cheap. The key feel is great, full size wide keys and nice synth action, faders are noisy, pads are nice and so are rotaries but if the darn thing won't dork 100% it's going.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Marco

Re: Behringer Motor 49 & Scope

Post by Marco »

That's the problem with the behringer stuff, they built it for you cheap, but there is no support. When you are not a computer expert, only a little but creative musician.... You will be lost.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I dunno. We got the BCF-2000 to work. Maybe that technique would work here. I searched around here and on Scoperise but I'm still stumped. I got it to work, mostly, in Sonar so maybe there's hope.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Use the midi monitor in scope to make sure midi is being received in scope, sent to the STM,and sent out of the STM for feedback. Then make sure for a given fader, the midi CCs match.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

That's what I thought but the midi out from the STM is not getting to the Motor 49. It seems that the Motor 49 needs to use it's USB interface to do that. I can send midi to the STM not problem from the Motor 49 MIDI out, but the SCOPE can't send to the USB port. When I have some time maybe I''ll try mapping the SCOPE MIDI out to Midimate and then to the Motor 49 USB.....
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

In that case, send midi to the sequencer(host), and use a program like loopBE, bome's midi loopback, or other similar virtual midi cable outer to connect scope midi/seq to your USB device (motor 49).
Marco

Post by Marco »

You were only left alone by behringer with this motor 49, the community here tries to help, but at the end you must solve the problem by yourself. Are you a Musican or are technican. Keep it or sell it. Your decision!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

jksuperstar wrote:In that case, send midi to the sequencer(host), and use a program like loopBE, bome's midi loopback, or other similar virtual midi cable outer to connect scope midi/seq to your USB device (motor 49).
Profit.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

anabella wrote:You were only left alone by behringer with this motor 49, the community here tries to help, but at the end you must solve the problem by yourself. Are you a Musican or are technican. Keep it or sell it. Your decision!
fortunately both :P
Marco

Post by Marco »

:D so you will have a good chance and the motor 49 too.
I hoped so much that the new deepmind would be equipped with motor faders, it would be the first synth in the world, but I stand alone in the dark with my bright idea
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yah... but Deep Mind has a 3D Virtual reality controller!!!!!!! At least at NAMM.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

On second thought, who can do a Scope mixer that will auto-map to a Mackie control surface or some standard like that. Good? No?
Bovski

Post by Bovski »

anabella wrote:I hoped so much that the new deepmind would be equipped with motor faders, it would be the first synth in the world, but I stand alone in the dark with my bright idea
Would it have been worth the extra £350 it would have cost to implement plus whatever profit tey need to add to that ?
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

ronnie wrote:On second thought, who can do a Scope mixer that will auto-map to a Mackie control surface or some standard like that. Good? No?
http://wolf-audio.com/dev/16ChannelMixer.pdf
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Wolf is nice but mucho DSP required. A simple Mackie preset for STM would do the trick.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

It's not that simple. Mackie uses all 16 midi channels to control 16 mixing channels, including pitch shift for channel faders. So there is the issue of bank selection of groups of functions to map into mixers larger than 16 channels, or to control effects, etc.