Inroducing PALETTE

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Inroducing PALETTE

Post by ronnie »

What do youse think about THIS! ?????

https://palettegear.com/midi
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Re: Inroducing PALETTE

Post by JoPo »

Interesting... But for just one fader, the box is big, no ? If I build the same thing as my BSF 2000, it will take 3 times more space !
But if I need 2 or 3 buttons close to me when I play some instrument, it seems to be very convenient. Pity : it's not wireless.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yeah I kind of agree. My old JL Cooper CS 32 is tiny but it there are no USB drivers for it beyond XT. Pity. ANyway I wrote to the Palette people and told them if it were a belt or bra with wireless that would be a hit!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I feel like JL Cooper (and Fader Fox) were just a little ahead of their time. Now that every one at least has a laptop, they'd do well to re-release.

As for Palette, I've seen similar modular kits like this before, and they are almost always more awkward than commendable.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Yup, the CS32 is built like tank and the size of a letter. What does it take to do 64 bit driver? Is there a USB to Midi thingie so I could at least use it that way? It has a power input jack so it doesn't need bus power.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

lol $50 per button???? nuts
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Check that, Faxi, my Korg Nanokontrol costs less than that. Plus if it falls under my rig, it's only one piece to retrieve. lol