RIP George Michael

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

RIP George Michael

Post by Sounddesigner »

:o :-? Truly a legend and my favorite 'blue eyed soul' singer. I loved his group WHAM! And loved his solo career even more. His song "One more try" (A.K.A. Teacher) is one of my top one-hundred songs of all-time, here's a link to it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwGUrTQuUSg

George Michael was the real deal and truly multi-talented as he did most of his own lyric writing and played many instruments as well. But his vocals they were legendary and pure magic and when he did R&B/Soul type music it was off-the-charts. He was the best Blue-Eyed-Soul singer ever PERIOD!! He was only 53 years old. The 1980's was my favorite era of music and George Michaels had a huge contribution to my preference. Purely magical voice! I'm saddened, RIP George Michael! :o :o :-? :-? :cry: :cry: !!!

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RA

Re: RIP George Michael

Post by RA »

WTF?!???!? :o Indeed RIP.....noooo, not WHAM.......WHAAAAAAMMMMM! (anyone seen deadpool?)

Underappreciated...also loved his Tribute to Mercury contribution...wow....shocking news man!....last christmas, i gave you my heart....
- We're freaks about gearz and methods -
More on dNa: http://dnamusic.nl
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Here's a link to WHAM singing LIVE in China the phenominal song "Careless Whispers". Music just don't sound that good anymore. Well played instruments and beautifull vocals, all done live. Truly supernal!

LINK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8fpUs5lq4
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

It's really devastating. We lose guys like Bowie and Michael and Prince. Exceptional, stellar beings. All I can say is that I have no idea how hard it must be to be at their level. Must be a lonely place to be that unique and nobody except the rare few of the same ilk could understand you. Same gender or otherwise. As tortured as George Michael was said to be inside his super talented self, he gave us great and innovative music for a long stretch. He also gave a lot of hope and his time and money to help the less fortunate than he. You give all you got and everyone else, well they take. They are grateful no doubt because you really touched them deeply and even changed their lives. I know because they have touched me and helped me get through trying times and celebrate the good ones. I would say it's not easy to be a Bowie or a Prince or a Michael or how many others who braved their demons to give us a genuine piece of heaven.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays