Best Plugin Ever (Unfilter)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Best Plugin Ever (Unfilter)

Post by braincell »

I don't know how they do it but try the demo. I put this on a poorly mastered song and easily it sounded way better right away, not a subtle improvement but very noticeable. You can take something recorded on a cheap cell phone and make it sound good.

http://www.zynaptiq.com/unfilter/
ronnie

Re: Best Plugin Ever (Unfilter)

Post by ronnie »

This is really quite an awesome device.

I ran some random files through it that were from the 80's using 100% 8 bit analog and digital synths like FB-01s and CZ-101s and I was surprised at not only how much better they sounded but how good they sounded in the first place. Cheapo synths, no samples, all custom programmed patches, DOS sequenced (Texture) and 4 track cassette bounces. A patina of low-bit Alesis, micro boxes for reverb, compression and the warhorse Digitech DSP-128 plus rack (with upgraded ROM) to sweeten it all up. I also ran some slightly later files done with Korg DSM 12 bit sampler, Roland JX3P and the like and yes, improvement - but again the originals were damn good considering 4 track cassette. Unfilter showed me how good they were!

I then ran some recent files that were already mixed and some mastered and released and surprise, the Unfilter had more pizazz on those! What was thought to be pretty damn good using all the latest toys became better in sometimes not so subtle ways. Tweaking around in the Unfilter and the EQ possibilities let's you do alot in terms of placements forward or back in a mix and clarifying things across the spectrum. Impressive. When I get a chance I will upload a few of these examples... I only have 12 minutes per shot to re-record because of the demo limit. Sigh, if it wasn't so pricey I'd buy it in a NY minute. Unfilter just moved up to the top of my list, actually bumping Keyscape to second place. Try the demo and see if I'm right. This is a great tool for improving things or just seeing things for what they are. You can go subtle or mangle away with the eq possibilities. The 96db pin-point option is crazy.

Just another thought: The only other program I have tried that has a similar experience is good old Opti-Master!!!! Another thought, Unfilter would kick up a few notches programmed for DSP.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Uploaded a couple, see comments on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/soundassets
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
braincell

Post by braincell »

ronnie wrote:Uploaded a couple, see comments on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/soundassets
Sounds great. Nice playing!
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Thank you Braincell for bringing Unfilter to our attention and thanks for the kind words. I much appreciate any feedback coming from the esteemed Z team. In any case, I dug up some more older stuff and put them up too. Unfilter is really something. I want to explore it more in my current stuff. The multi-track ability looks pretty powerful. I have to say that I found the CPU drain to be less than expected. On my 3.5 i7 it was pretty light on the tracks I posted. Running more than 2 or three instances, which I did by accident, was a total mangle job. I don't know if the distortion or pops were from the multiple instances playing different tracks at the same time and the sum was a disaster or the CPU was loaded. I need to check that but I think using one instance is how it was meant to be used. Still playing around. Really need to save up for this.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Cool old school chops...
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Ankyu, ankyu vurry mush. Da best is yet to come...-
Last edited by ronnie on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Extremely good to shape my bass!!! Wow, it is as good as the best amp, but with a very easy interface. Thanks, very cool to get to know this one!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
braincell

Post by braincell »

Thank this guy. He's good to follow on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/arsdivina?hc_r ... ED&fref=nf
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Cheers Brain!
braincell

Post by braincell »

Nestor wrote:Cheers Brain!

Happy holidays. Here's another freebie:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... greetings/
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Have a good time Brain, thanks again! :)
ronnie

Zynaptiq Unfilter at a Ridiculous Price

Post by ronnie »

We've talked about this amazing plug-in here. It is expensive, like $369 expensive. But even at that price it seems worth it to me. I just don't have that much to spare at the moment, even though it does the most amazing things. But good old Schroeder, who tipped us to the Keyscape coupon deal at JRRShop has outdone himself on this one. $227 with a $30 gift card on top of that at AudioDeluxe for the Zynaptiq Unfilter. $197!!!!! as it works out. That's almost 50% off all told. I schnabbed it before this one disappears. Could be until Jan 1st like their other deals but it don't say so.

Submitted for your GAS:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/zynaptiq-unfilter

Thank you Schroeder.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Sooner or later someone is going to reverse engineer it.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

braincell wrote:Sooner or later someone is going to reverse engineer it.
I hope on DSP. It's a CPU hog, taking 75% of 4GHz/4 core CPU.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I don't see it as a CPU hog at all.