VoiceMeeter

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

VoiceMeeter

Post by ronnie »

This looks interesting. Kind of like the O Deus ASIO Link. Get multi-client functionality out of the SCOPE ASIO driver????

Any one on the Z hear of this? Any thoughts? Anybody game to try? It's free... I don't have much time to dick around at the moment but it sure intrigues the hell out of me. If this could work with SCOPE it could be huge........ At the very least it should solve the 64bit Wave driver problems besides the additional routing it could offer.

VoiceMeeter/
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
ronnie

Re: VoiceMeeter

Post by ronnie »

Couldn't help myself. Works like a charm for ASIO multi client and multi channel with Scope. Got Cantabile 3 and Sonar to live happily together for the first time! :D Took about ten minutes to configure VoiceMeeter, Windows and the two apps. Don't have to touch SCOPE at all. Only issue I have is when C3 has the MIDI ports from SCOPE, Sonar doesn't see them. I'll try MidiMate to virtualize them or something to fix that when I get a chance.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
dawman

Post by dawman »

I need to try this.

What series chipset arevyou using if I may ask?
I will switch builds to get my i7 6700k. Cantabile and Scope working.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I'm running an old HP XW4600 with an Intel X38 Express chipset under an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (Quad-Core3 2.66-GHz, 2 x 4MB shared L2 if that helps. I ran like 10 to 12 mixed effect and instrument vsts in C3 including Diva and another 10 or so in Platinum. Of course the MIDI ports in Scope are first come first serve but a Roland UM-880 and MidiMate drivers fixed that. Got 24 Scope ASIO channels shared between C3 and Sonar. Pretty wild. Seems solid. FWIW I got no problems running C3 alone on top of Scope with the straight up Scope ASIO. Now with this VoiceMeeter deal I can do all the media player, pod-cast wave stuff with Scope 64 while running C3, Sonar, Transcribe! and probably Audition at the same time with a multi client Scope ASIO. Multi client... like a high class hooker my Scope is now pimped out and I'm pumped up.
borg

Post by borg »

As I'm reconverting the house and studio, my scope rig is packed, so can't check, and it's a bit unclear to me from reading that page... but what could it mean for guys with a combined setup (Xite and PCI)? From the first quick look, I wouldn't hold my breath.
At the moment I have the PCI setup going through ADAT (1x I/O) to Xite, and one ADAT (1x I/O) from Xite to an RME (which also has an A8 convertor connected to it) on another computer running Ableton. I'm (mostly) not using an Asio sequencer on the scope PC.

If I could send audio from PCI to Xite over Voicemeeter, that would mean I could rearrange the ADAT I/Os for more flexibility.

My new studio won't be ready before March, and the Scope rig is hidden away under big pile of boxes at the moment, but would be thrilling news if this could work.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

For multi machine setups, like borg, with VM you can send and receive the ASIO over the local area network through the included VBAN feature. I forgot to mention that! This way you get to free up your ADAT channels. Also, there is a pro version for a donation which has some more features like additional inputs, parametric eq and built in recording from the stereo output buss to anything connected.... it looks like you could use your midi xport buttons to control that. You could also use midi cc to control other features. Looks pretty richly featured.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Looks very useful ! Before to install it, I'd like to know if it's able to discriminate asio channels. I mean asio input 1&2 -->wavelab ; asio 3&4 --> cubase, for instance ?

If it does, I'll install it !

And for Faxi who had issue to record audio from Scope in a video capture, it must be a good solution !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Affirmative. Distinct ASIO channels.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I'm trying this app.. I didn't have enough time before.

Ronnie, Thanks for the info ! That's definitely an useful audio app ! And the 'banana' version offers even more I/O possibilities. The virtual audio cable too, if one needs to connect different audio soft that don't connect each other normaly.

And yes : you can connect easily 2 pc via a local network and keep your Xite/pci ADAT for other things. But it will use some Scope asio I/O, instead...

The only bad thing I notice is that when Cubase is started, Voicemeeter can't use any Scope asio anymore ! Or maybe I missed something ? I also tried with the 'asio bridge' --> no luck..
I undertood first that voicemeeter was able to get, for instance, Scope asio channels 27 & 28 for recording, or sending it to another app, while leaving Cubase (or any asio app) working with asio... Like plug itself on any asio bus...
Anyway... It doesn't really matter : what I need is to route easily audio apps & I/O together and it does the job easily. :)
pastor

Post by pastor »

I cant access my cubase at the moment, maybe it still has the "release ASIO driver" setting, if that is the case you can try toggeling that option.
Just a thought, might not help you at all :)
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... round.html
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

If you release asio driver in background, it's like cubase is unconnected to asio, its sound doesn't reach anymore asio output, there is no more sound at all..! :D
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

great find, gonna grab this too thanks!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Actually, now I notice it, a brief toast pops up when loading Sonar that says SCOPE Asio is not running. That just shows for a second and disappears. Sonar loads just fine. I suppose it sees the SCOPE driver is installed but true it is not being used DIRECTLY by Sonar but VM is "wrapping" it so it is really there as VM. In any case it works!
Tau

Post by Tau »

Does this allow for ASIO to ASIO routing? I mean, would it be possible to route a different soundcard's inputs into Scope?