AIR XPand 2 for $1.00

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

AIR XPand 2 for $1.00

Post by ronnie »

If any of you remember Steinberg's VST Rompler, HyperSonic and liked it, like I did and do. I still use it and it sounds as good as any hardware I've had (Korg, Roland, Yamaha) It's been resurrected awhile ago as Halion Sonic (with higher res samples, etc). But that's $249 bucks. But AIR has had Xpand out for awhile (was bundled with PT) which is a stripped down HyperSonic (4 layers on 4 MIDI channels instead of 16 - and basic but adequate controls and effects - which is no big deal to me - it's very light on resources so multiple instances are no problem.

AudioDeluxe is selling it for $1.00. It uses ILok but you don't need the dongle. $1.00 buys 2 activations. I bought 3 to cover all my machines and my son's as well. With 1GB of mostly really nice patches for genres across the spectrum, it's a steal. Mac and Windows, 32 and 64.

AIR Xpand 2
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
yayajohn

Re: AIR XPand 2 for $1.00

Post by yayajohn »

Hey ronnie;
I got the XPand2 bundled with a controller several months back, funny i was just checking this out yesterday and noted that the patches sound quite nice. I like the easy arpeg on each channel.
I bought the Air instrument expansion pack vers2 a while ago and I like it. Air's got some pretty nice sounding stuff and their prices are reasonable.
There's too much shit out there though. I spend all my time going thru presets, find a few, play around, get tired and turn off the machine and forget about everything that I just went thru because my attention got diverted to some other cool plug.
Ah isn't life great these days? :D

Dan