Spectrasonics Keyscape

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Spectrasonics Keyscape

Post by dawman »

braincell wrote:I don't respect faith because it's based on superstition, bigotry and misogyny AND it's anti-science AND they suck billions out of the economy by avoiding taxation.
That's exactly why we like it then.
The wealthy white Liberals you worship have a similar theology where women rule thier men.
So I totally understand the girly man stuff.
Lots of ists and isms and the entire phobe family.
I like Zena the most.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Touche, Jimmy. :P
BaDaBing!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dawman wrote:The acoustic Pianos are not my choice.
But the Rhodes is so realistic.

As long ss you dont buy this for the Pianos youll be happy.
Mmmm, don't know Jimmy... I haven't played them yet, but they seem to be pretty useful to me, covering a big spectrum of possibilities. Then it is important not to forget you can tweak them from Omnisphere, which gives a hell of a lot more of possibilities on top, you will pretty much do anything you want with each instrument.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dawman wrote:Probably meant if you used their samples during a Human fucking a Goat video they would demand satisfaction.
Jimmy, stop killing me... :lol: :lol: :lol: you're crazy man...
dawman

Post by dawman »

There are lots of great samples of C7 and Upright.
But you'll notice the demos are very allegro.
No Rubato demos at all.
Natural is a preset that has the most sustain but still just doesn't satisfy a Piano buff like me.
Sounded like a Kurzweil Piano module from 15 years ago.
Play it fast and rock & roll it, sounds fine.
Trying to serenade woodland Nymphs with ballads of love and tenderness, no way.

I serenade skanky old bar flies so I could get away with it doing the stuff we do.
But even on Layla Piano Solo by Derik and the Dominoes (Clapton, Duane Allman, etc) it's a no joy.
But Im spoiled by Malmsjo and PTeq Upright, not easy to beat those.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Well, yes, you are a purist I guess... :) I see it as a composer that looks for instruments, more than a pianist that looks for perfection, which I am not. I understand your point well.

Then, the price, honestly, for what it is, is really cheap!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Guys..., it is the moment to start saving our money to get this one! This is an unavoidable purchase! Period! Eric has always been my preferred VSTi developer for these kind of instruments. He has such an excellence on his perception of the sounds he works on, such an understanding of what we need and want, and finally, the products he pushes into the market are second to none. I’m so very happy for this one! :D Wow!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Having it inside of Omnisphere makes it a serious composition tool.
Flawless recalling and creating new user presets.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dawman wrote:Having it inside of Omnisphere makes it a serious composition tool.
Flawless recalling and creating new user presets.
Do you already have it? Because you sound like it, or did you played it somewhere? Tell me please.
astroman

Post by astroman »

Nestor wrote:
dawman wrote:Probably meant if you used their samples during a Human fucking a Goat video they would demand satisfaction.
Jimmy, stop killing me... :lol: :lol: :lol: you're crazy man...
well, ot and no goat available, but a sheep may do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMq8XS4LhE

the bass is for you, Nestor :D

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ankyu....

Them some fine Sheep there Astro.
:D
Marco

Post by Marco »

This Sounds incredible! I got a real grand at home, thats most incredible, but this library kills all others.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nestor wrote:
Do you already have it? Because you sound like it, or did you played it somewhere? Tell me please.
I've had it the day it was released.
Yeah, it's awesome.

I'm still adding controllers to apply hardware filters and FX as the auto wah stuff is OK, but through my rig has that typical Native Veil.

Granular on the metallic samples is making me want to snort some Mescaline.
It's really a trip having this is in Omnisphere.
Brilliant concept.
DSC_0282.JPG
DSC_0282.JPG (368.67 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
The USB 3 Cards are something I never saw before.
Just pop a tab out and stick them in.

Nice new fast DAW Gary B. built for the new XITE-1.
That DAWg will hunt.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

What a lucky bustard you are Jimmy! :D Sorry, I couldn’t resist to call you that! :P I expect from you, at least, a few jazz-fusion chops! I know you can easily kill me softly with them! :lol:
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I have most of the great piano VST's (and Pianoteq is pretty much my fave) - but this Keyscape beast is most desirable for all the keyboards you get in one place. I imagine it is a CPU hog although that doesn't dissuade me. I do have to point out that the great musicians doing the Keyscape demos can most likely make any free plug-in sound awesome. Not that I'm so great but I can still listen to stuff I did 30 years ago with a Casio CZ and Yamaha FB-01 and Alesis Micro thingies and they sound pretty good. Having said that, 30 years ago those things were inspiring for hours on end and I'm sure Keyscape would be great to have when I get the bread for this and Omnisphere. When will it ever end. Seems like every few months I'm getting married to or divorcing another freakin' plug-in. I prolly could have bought a real Steinway or some such by now. Sigh.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

ronnie wrote:When will it ever end. Seems like every few months I'm getting married to or divorcing another freakin' plug-in.
I think we have already arrived to this place and moment. At least, I did. I have many plugins effects as well as instruments and libraries I consider to be perfect exactly as they are, and I don’t even care if there is an update or not coming anymore, they are “out of the time”, so to say, so good they are. We have reached such a level of perfection in plugins, synths, etc., that, to my ears and needs, the rush has calmed down almost completely. These instruments have become kind of REAL INSTRUMENTS that can stay forever as they are.

I certainly can accept Keyscape used alongside with Omnisphere, as the ultimate and final stop of what I could ever use as keyboards, and definitely, not to suffer the need for something else at all for the rest of my life. I would be very busy using these instruments instate! Word! :wink:
astroman

Post by astroman »

ronnie wrote:... but I can still listen to stuff I did 30 years ago with a Casio CZ and Yamaha FB-01 and Alesis Micro thingies and they sound pretty good. ...
I recently revitalized a Casio CZ1000 with lots of dead buttons by an app - and it's a breeze to tweak now
maybe humble, but a great instrument with it's own particular sound :D

cheers, Tom
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

:D I've been using Virtual CZ by Oli Larkin from Plugin Boutique. I got it for a great intro price at the time. It has CZ-1, 101, 1000, TZ modes and I think it can even pull in the original card SYSEX but I haven't done that (I guess via MIDI dump).
VirtualCZ_screenshot_actualsize_980x581.png
VirtualCZ_screenshot_actualsize_980x581.png (673.14 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Virtual CZ
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thats a decent sound subtractive VI actually....

Thanks
Marco

Post by Marco »

The keyscapes grand piano is really the best sounding electronic reproduction of a piano. When I played this keyscape grand piano for a few hours I wanted to know if it is better than my real grand??? This Blüthner 280 from 1937 killed the keyscape piano after 5 seconds I knew what I have under my fingers.
So people, believe what ever you like, but the sampling technology is still problematic, no comparision possible with a high end grand picked up with a few good Microphones!!!

BUT the electric are phantastic! I have the first Hohner Pianet N found, which sounds like my real one at home! Yes I'm lucky to have it! I must say it is not 100% the same, spectrasonic added expansion from 61 to a 88 Key version, and these virtual keys are recreated imaginary perfect! Good work! NI Kompete Samples sucked 100%. I dont know what they have sampled, but it sounds very different. And a Pianet is really not difficult to sample, because there isnt very much velocity response!

The original is still the best.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!