Komplete 11 Ultimate Worth It?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Komplete 11 Ultimate Worth It?

Post by braincell »

I've been a regular customer of Komplete and now thinking of stepping up to Komplete 11 Ultimate. The upgrade cost $599.00. Will it be worth the extra $400 over Komplete 11 upgrade?
Nestor

Re: Komplete 11 Ultimate Worth It?

Post by Nestor »

WHY do you wnat to upgrade, has the answer. If you need something there, go for it, but if you don't, you can easily wait untill the next one to meke it even more valuable.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
braincell

Post by braincell »

I find when you use it a long time, one day you discover something you never would have bought which can become an essential part of your sound.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Let me advise you to try Falcon. This instrument is absolutely incredible and, like Scope or Komplete, you always still have something awesome to discover. To me, it's really the best one since Kontakt release, arround 15 years ago. Kontakt has been for me the sampling revolution and even more when the script feature appeared. Falcon is a bit complicated to use at the beginning, but it's worth it ! Even much more incredible than Omnisphere. And I really like Omnisphere ! Kontakt, then BFD, then Omniphere and now Falcon are always used in my music.
Have a look at those videos if you have time and look for something really new that uses all computer's power to make sounds : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... rPHHnBt8fw
Excellent ! And it's a different philosophy than Native Instruments, brings some fresh new way of making noise... :wink:
The only bad thing is UVI support : no forum, only mail to them and wait 3 days for the answer ! De la merde ! Especially because the manual is laconic, the videos help. Other bad thing : it doesn't support Kontakt libraries.

Sorry... I'm not sure to be close to the topic...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm sold on the 16 pad touch controller for samples. I never want to use a sampler with a virtual teeny tiny keyboard at the bottom again. That is that wrong approach.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

If Falcon was just a sampler, I wouldn't have post here !
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

JoPo how much do you use Scope synths anymore when you have something like Falcon? Seems far more advanced.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I've been using Reaktor 6 Player and find the sound quality to be outstanding.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

53E7 wrote:JoPo how much do you use Scope synths anymore when you have something like Falcon? Seems far more advanced.
I've never used a lot Scope synths except for leads/solo.. I use more Scope to mix and fx and of course for Modular. Falcon synth engineS are totaly different from what one find in Scope. It's a bit the same difference there is between STS3000 and Kontakt 5.5.
A synth engine like Falcon's FM, Pluck or even wavetable are years light far from any other soft together in the same synth. Pluck is amazing, it emulate string instrument but you may make souding it like fantastic percussion... It's complicated to explain... And modulation possibilities are huge ! You can use OSC and script in LUA if you want. That give me the wish to make code again : I didn't writte any code since 2001 ! LUA is relatively simple.
Even a synth like Omnisphere seems "old".
But I think I can use Falcon because I've a new pc.. You need a good computer. You get 2 (or 3?) licences, so with Vienna EP, I can open 2 instances on my old computer too... With Xite-1 in the new pc, 3 pci card in the ancient and vienna + ADAT between the 2 pc, my system is amazing and very comfortable.
I swim in happiness ! :P

Brain --> sorry to "canibalise" your thread ! :D
pastor

Post by pastor »

braincell wrote:I've been using Reaktor 6 Player and find the sound quality to be outstanding.
I have been using reaktor 6 for some time now, i really like it. "Blocks" are very cool and are easily incorporated with external modular systems etc.
There is a large and active user base, with loads of different modules and instruments available.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... r-library/
braincell

Post by braincell »

pastor wrote:
braincell wrote:I've been using Reaktor 6 Player and find the sound quality to be outstanding.
There is a large and active user base, with loads of different modules and instruments available.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... r-library/

Yes, the user repository is a huge reason for getting it. I wish you could download all patches at once.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm really happy with the Reaktor 6 effect "Form." I had to work with it a while to get useful results. My aim is not to warp good samples into something else but to make variations on those samples.
frokka

Post by frokka »

The main gem in Ultimate is Razor.
It's the only synth that is not part of regular Komplete, probably because it sells a lot on its own.

Whether or not the rest of the lot justifies the price depends on what genre(s) you are producing,
many people have no need for the orchestra, accoustic bass, drums, etc.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... 1/compare/
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm really liking Una Corda. It's the perfect piano for me.