Pianoteq 10th Anniversary Sale

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Pianoteq 10th Anniversary Sale

Post by ronnie »

Pianoteq is celebrating its 10 year anniversary by offering 30% discounts across the board on Pianoteq Standard, Upgrade Stage to Standard, and all instrument packs until August 31. Looks like a good time to grab it and/or get the instruments you've been thinking about.

I got the Electric Pianos. (Hey, it's my 13 year Scope anniversary - or is 13 a Bar Mitzvah?) I love AAS Lounge Lizard but this is a bit of a different animal. Not saying it's better or worse, yet. Every parameter is deeply tweak-able like LL and it's very satisfying. They both sound super-convincing and have many similar tweaks and quite a few mutually exclusive ones but I think maybe I'm gonna like this one the best. I really like the way it feels playing it, like the other Pianoteq marvels. You've got to have Standard to get all the tweaks (like all their other instruments).

If you've been on the fence for an upgrade or for the newer stuff like the Bluthner, the Model B or this one, etc., now's the time. They don't often do discounts.

https://www.pianoteq.com/anniversary
Last edited by ronnie on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
ronnie

Re: Pianoteq 10th Anniversary Sale

Post by ronnie »

Just now layered the two VSTs, AAS LL and Pianoteq Electric...... routed through DAS Master IT EQ :o :D
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I'll put my full support behind this.  Been a pianoteq user since early days, and have been a tester in various releases. I've been (is still) a fan of physical piano modeling. Pianoteq is still the best sounding, after having gone through a bunch of improvements. It's literally a "buy and forget" sort of thing. Some of the demos are from yours truly.. but those were somewhat random submissions, so please take with a grain of salt. I'm sure Jimmy's submissions are way cooler, I can only wander around his footsteps.

Since using pinaoteq, I haven't spent time following sampled piano libs, and have just gone to pianoteq for 100% projects as the go to acoustic piano, and Rhodes. Clav is perfectly usable too as a "no brainer" solution. Their wurlitzer is also the best I've heard, just I'm not much of a Wurlitzer fan so don't use it as much. Just the amount of time and effort it has saved me as far as comparing and picking the right piano lib for any given project has been tremendous! This has been true for the past WOW! I guess it HAS been 10 years since the earliest days.

If you're tired of auditioning the latest samples piano libs, check out Pianoteq, and you won't regret. It will most likely be the last time you audition a piano VSTi.

I can't believe it's been 10 years though. In the 10 years, we've seen Roland Vpiano, and Physis, but not much else. Pianos are complex instruments to model understandably, and I guess the (lack of) the emergence of any competitors only emphasizes the difficulty. I do wish there's more, especially for VSTis in the years to come. For now, though, Pianoteq is so much of a lead that I think it's hard for any competitor to come out with something immediately ready for a head to head comparison. That is, unless the next big tech advancement is discovered. At which point it might be difficult for Pianoteq to suddenly adopt a new model.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I'm unhappy with the bass notes over VSL imperial, also VSL sounds warmer. Nothing like real microphones over the fake ones.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Agree on the low end of Pianoteq for realism.
It's powerful sounding but not clean.
Uprights are excellent though and the rest of their Instruments are top shelf.
But every time I hit Malmsjo or Rosewood Grand in the lower registers I hear it.

Lucky for me I don't use much of the low end performing, more comping and solo'ing up top where Pianoteq has the superior sfz over the compressed sampled pianos.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I like aspects of both. I just can't find the perfect solution. One day hopefully.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Agree 100%..
Been waiting for the ultimate.

You might like Orange Tree Rosewood Grand.
Great sounding Piano with Sostenuto.
Only sampled Piano I am aware of that has that.

Plus it uses NCW Lossless compression.
You might like it because of solo quality.
Id use it except it gets buried by JCM800 & SVT amps.

I believe its due to the higher octave tweaks per note like unison and detune.
It gets wider.
The perfectly tuned samples are too damn clean..