my piano has been in repair for 2 weeks and...

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

my piano has been in repair for 2 weeks and...

Post by kensuguro »

and I don't know what to do. My workhorse Yamaha p-250 got all staticky and randomly sending MIDI out, so I drove it to repair, and haven't heard back in 2 weeks. I've got all these ideas, and now's the only time to jot them down (with my fam in Tokyo) but I CAN'T!! It's driving me insane!!! I did finish mixing a recording project I coordinated with Tokyo though, some promo song about eating strawberries. BUT THAT'S MIXING!!

PS, I have a Novation controller somewhere but while it works, I don't need to touch no fuckin' synth action keys.

Ok, so back to more research on wavelet transforms... Reading a lot of equations and code really amplifies my need to just sit down and play something.
Nestor

Re: my piano has been in repair for 2 weeks and...

Post by Nestor »

My AC adaptor of my keyboard is broken he he… :lol: I’m crazy too, I’ve got one from the UK now, and still waiting for it to arrive.

Anyway, in the USA you can very easily get an old keyboard with MIDI capability for cheap, no need to wait Ken.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

man, so now the problem is that the part that is broken cant be easily replaced because the model is discontinued. fuck man, so disappointing. planned onsolescence can go eat arsenic and die. I guess I can let the repair shop search around for a bit and then send it to the grave.

Reminds me of the Rover mini kensington I had during college years. Everything about it was obsolete so changing anything was difficult. The transmission broke so I ditched it.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

The AC I need for my Korg keybord, it has also been out of the market for many years already. Nevertheless, there is a company in the UK that builds this particular, unique AC as a replacement. I'm lucky it is not the keyboard itself, like in your case, otherwise I would be in the same spot. Sorry about that.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*