Behringer DeepMind 12 (Synthesizer)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Behringer DeepMind 12 (Synthesizer)

Post by braincell »

at0m

Re: Behringer DeepMind 12 (Synthesizer)

Post by at0m »

more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah i've been tracking this for a short time now. It's actually been the first analogue to really capture my attention, mostly because it looks like it might be priced low for a poly analogue. Dave Smith line is nice but I always thought if I'm going to pay that much then I want a full poly keyboard - not 6 or even 8 voices. Besides that it's not much more to just save up for a Solaris.
Going to be interesting to see what they price it at.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Take bets on the price? I'm guessing $999.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

i'm going to double that and say $1999. After they've sold the first 10k then it will be on sale for what you say. :D
53E7

Post by 53E7 »

I bought a pair of Behringer monitors about a year ago, and a compressor a few years further back. You get about three months and then the well known Behringer experience starts to happen. The pots begin to crackle when you turn them. The knobs either fall off or the pot loosens and falls into the box, but then the real fun begins with channel cutout. Happened with both monitors and compressor.

Maybe DeepMind 12 (or PHAT 12 as the graphics say on the demo model in the video) will be good though. Alesis, while not as bad as Behringer, is a mediocre company and they made the Andromeda A6. That was a cool synth that I wish I had.
at0m

Post by at0m »

That might have been true some years ago. Meanwhile, Behringer bought Midas, TC Electronics, Tannoy, Klark Teknik, Turbosound,... It's a gigantic company, with all that knowhow...

[edit] my guess... 999€
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Surely it should be the Deep Thought 42?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEdxO91RWQ

I'll wait awhile to see what the build quality is like (and sound of course), but I am interested, especially if all the sliders can transmit MIDI too. Unfortunately the previous Behringer reputation for build quality does still hang around them like a bad smell. Hopefully they can dispell this.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Surely the company is improving and ambitious.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Haha, Deep Thought. ;)
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Mr Arkadin wrote:Surely it should be the Deep Thought 42?....
Why Behringer’s New Analog Synth Is Called DeepMind & More Details

Rack/Desktop Version????
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
pastor

Post by pastor »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nqiEj7StYI

Looking forward to this one :) regarding price and availability:

""The sales price of the DeepMind12 heavily depends on the expected sales volume, and since the feedback has been overwhelmingly higher than what we had ever anticipated, we decided to renegotiate all component prices with our vendors in order to get higher discounts. At the same time we are studying how we can rearrange the manufacturing setup so we can achieve higher efficiency and volume
We also taking the time to gather data for the expected sales volume by engaging with our dealers and distributors.
This morning I learned that one of the largest retail chains in the US, is willing to place an order for 30,000 pcs. Frankly this is something I have never seen in the history of our company!""
pastor

Post by pastor »

looks like braincell was correct regarding price! ($999.99)
braincell

Post by braincell »

pastor wrote:looks like braincell was correct regarding price! ($999.99)
:)

My guess was based on the Behringer brand name. People expect it to be a low price and that was as low as I imagined they could go and still make a little money, hoping it becomes popular and/or will build sales with the next editions to the line.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I'll wait and see if they do a five octave version or something else five octave. Really not into this four octave trend.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

at0m wrote:That might have been true some years ago. Meanwhile, Behringer bought Midas, TC Electronics, Tannoy, Klark Teknik, Turbosound,... It's a gigantic company, with all that knowhow...

[edit] my guess... 999€
Rather than a personal point of view, I am talking through observation: Only the high-end line of products at Behringer offers high quality out of question, the rest of it is still very much crappy, trust me. What has been described about the pots is common knowledge and a sad reality in their lower lines of products. I would never get something “important” from Behringer, if I need something to rely on, I would go elsewhere.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:lol: Glad i was wrong. I don't mind Behringer, i've had a good experience with their products. Prob be lots of legit reviews coming out so we'll see what they say.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I don't know. I guess if I was going analog I would go the eurorack route.
pastor

Post by pastor »

For my use, 4 or 5 octaves doesn't do a big difference, but i'm kind of waiting for the (hinted to) desktop/rack version.
saw a sonicstate video today, and however nice the DM12 is, i'd prefer bottom synth of Ty Unwins center rack ;)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (60.08 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21lI0yc5Z8