Acustica Audio TAN compressor VST for free

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

erminardi

Acustica Audio TAN compressor VST for free

Post by erminardi »

https://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pa ... Itemid=189

Acustica Audio is one of the few companies that I respect as S|C, in terms of quality and innovation.
The compressor is a sampled SSL bus compressor (I guess, from the knobs values).
Totally worth it!
Just check the "pre" button and their exclusive technology "SHMod".
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
frokka

Re: Acustica Audio TAN compressor VST for free

Post by frokka »

Is it any good, have you tested it?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

frokka wrote:Is it any good, have you tested it?
As per any other Acustica Audio products, it sounds very very close to the real hardware (because of their dynamic sampling technology called Volterra Kernel).
I can't judge about the real thing of this TAN comp because I don't know exactly the model from where they have sampled, but I can assure that I tried to change UAD and Waves SSL master buss plugins with this one and the mix sounded way better and more natural.
The overall feeling is to have an hardware stuff, any pot tweak is meaning. You can feel the preamp stage working subtle. The sound is more 3D.
This technology is absolutely the best available ITB (soundwise speaking) but the only downside is that it's quite heavy on the CPU.
So, sometimes, the freeze feature in your DAW is welcome.
Thumbs up for me, absolutely.
Try also he other few free devices, as one preamp and a couple of EQ devices.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pastor

Post by pastor »

I've tried this for a couple of days now, and like it very much.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

Agree. Very nice. Not as CPU hungry as I thought. Controls are responsive. Sound is smooth and clean. Acustica is a quality joint. Thanks for the heads up.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Yep ! Very very good ! I think I gonna use it a lot in vst. Download & site are a bit strange, just like S|C, indeed ! :P
And they have some other interesting free stuff, there.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

they must be back logged due to high volume. 24hrs so far for a log in email. :cry:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

yayajohn wrote:they must be back logged due to high volume. 24hrs so far for a log in email. :cry:
I had the same issue, just go through this link: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... y-features and click on "download", login and here we go :)

Yep AcusticaAudio has a very messy website... :(
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

The graphic illustrations of the plugins are awesome.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I'm thinking to buy Amethist asap, I really love the demo!
BTW I bought straight Nebula 3 Pro that comes with 8.5 GB of awesome grear and the 50gb (!!!) library "All you can eat" form Henry Olonga (for just 30€!).
Best buy ever.
I changed my current mixes from "night" to "day" just putting some preamps and tape instances into my previous works.
Wow! :o

Not to mention the placement of a EMI preamp, a Studer tape after the S|C Minimax. Awesome.

I'm an really happy child right now :v
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

To be clear, it's not matter of having an emulation of, it's matter of HAVING that gear. The (pricey) UAD preamps are, yes, good but still algorithm emulations. I found in the last month of Nebula experiments that Nebula can give "that mojo" that only the real thing can be.
Even the UAD Studer, that I love, sounds way better with a Studer instance of Nebula placed after. Same with an UAD LA2-A. The single sound/variation can be impercettible, but at the end of the chain you can hear clearly the difference.